IGNORED

When did they fix the 2nd gear issue

I am looking to buy an 85 Venture and I know I saw a thread somewhere here years ago about VIN numbers when they fixed second gear issue and I can't find it. Does anyone know what VIN number starts when they fixed the problem?

I am looking to buy an 85 Venture and I know I saw a thread somewhere here years ago about VIN numbers when they fixed second gear issue and I can't find it. Does anyone know what VIN number starts when they fixed the problem?

When they changed from 1200cc to 1300cc. I don’t believe they ever fixed the 1200’s. I could be wrong. When I worked for Honda, when we updated an internal engine component, for instance the 1983 V65 Magna second gear, we would put a center punch indention after the S/N on the engine. The gear on the Magna was three center punch marks. I don’t know what Yamaha did.

Fixed mid 1985 , engine # 0001413. & up. I fixed mine with the help and guidance from this forum! Good luck!