United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My new 2018 and what I think

Of most of the reviews and talking to a few folks that have them and do some trips. I think one of the biggest disappointment is the GPS. With the improvements Indian, HD and the likes have made with infotainment and integration of GPS etc it's kind of a bummer.
    Hidden Content 2013 Black Victory XCT
    Trailers are for when your bike is broke, aint they?

Hidden Content

2. Thanks dave_wells gave thanks for this post
    United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy folks

Just reached 400 miles on my 2018 TC Venture. Got one off the lot couple hundred miles from me was on pretty good discount .
    I too have noticed some things with the bike and settings. Definitely appreciate the heated seat and grips rode her home couple hundred miles from the dealership in the rain and 37 degree temps.
    Grips need getting used to and seat can get too warm will be adjusting the "low setting" down from 3 to maybe 1.
    Curious about the wider windscreen as the original does give some buffeting also is the height setting adjustable , seems that the settings screen allows them but the buttons on the tank over ride the adjustment? The power curve is great and just getting used to belt drive and where the rev limiter is. I do hope the send out a software push for the GPS would be nice to save way points like my old Zumo had.Looking to figure comms with this bike , I am used to being tethered however Bluetooth sounds like it would have a advantage of no cord dragging on the tank....

United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djh3 View Post
    Of most of the reviews and talking to a few folks that have them and do some trips. I think one of the biggest disappointment is the GPS. With the improvements Indian, HD and the likes have made with infotainment and integration of GPS etc it's kind of a bummer.
    I personally have not used the GPS system on the SVTC, but I will try to get an answer from a good friend who works as a Field Service Advisor / East Region for Yamaha. The next time I see him, Ill try to get any information I can get regarding the infotainment system especially the GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep On Riding!

5. Thanks dave_wells gave thanks for this post
    United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RollinWoody View Post
    Howdy folks

Just reached 400 miles on my 2018 TC Venture. Got one off the lot couple hundred miles from me was on pretty good discount .
    I too have noticed some things with the bike and settings. Definitely appreciate the heated seat and grips rode her home couple hundred miles from the dealership in the rain and 37 degree temps.
    Grips need getting used to and seat can get too warm will be adjusting the "low setting" down from 3 to maybe 1.
    Curious about the wider windscreen as the original does give some buffeting also is the height setting adjustable , seems that the settings screen allows them but the buttons on the tank over ride the adjustment? The power curve is great and just getting used to belt drive and where the rev limiter is. I do hope the send out a software push for the GPS would be nice to save way points like my old Zumo had.Looking to figure comms with this bike , I am used to being tethered however Bluetooth sounds like it would have a advantage of no cord dragging on the tank....
    Congrats on your new SVTC and I know exactly about the heated seat setting. It can get very toasty, if the set point is high. I think I have mine on 5 and I usually use the lowest setting even if it is 20 during the ride - it still gets warm. . I am closing in to 2K miles and have been enjoying every mile so far. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep On Riding!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12