IGNORED

Fog/Drive lights instal on Gen 3

My new SVTC arrived at the shop with the lights in a box...they were installed, but, it seems, not connected to the switch. I understand... there was a bit of a rush to "get'er done" as the shop closed Friday for the 4th of July week... Has anyone made this install on their own? I assume I'll need to be looking behind the front, right-side fairing...

Thank you,

Rich

My new SVTC arrived at the shop with the lights in a box...they were installed, but, it seems, not connected to the switch. I understand... there was a bit of a rush to "get'er done" as the shop closed Friday for the 4th of July week... Has anyone made this install on their own? I assume I'll need to be looking behind the front, right-side fairing...

Thank you,

Rich

Mine was as you described when I took delivery. After some trouble shooting, the relay behind the left saddle bag was not installed. A foam block was there instead and is apparently a poor conductor of electricity. The dealership ordered and gave me the relay, I installed and problem solved. Check to see if your relay is there.

" A foam block was there instead and is apparently a poor conductor of electricity. "

LOL!

Holy Cow! That should do it! As I was leaving, my dealer gave me a bag with the stock parts! "...so, there's a blank you can use if you decide to unplug the alarm, and for some reason, they gave you an extra relay..."

Whoo hoo! Headed back to the garage right now!

Rain in Vermont today....

That worked like a charm - Thanks a million!

Rich

Edited by GreenMtnHunter
Humor...etc

• 3 months later...

To be honest, if that was my bike, I would take it back to the dealer and they should work on it. The bike's lights and accessories and overall performance must be in perfect working condition once you take delivery of the motorcycle. :scratchchin:

To be honest, if that was my bike, I would take it back to the dealer and they should work on it. The bike's lights and accessories and overall performance must be in perfect working condition once you take delivery of the motorcycle. :scratchchin:

I hear ya' and can appreciate that, but at least in my case, That's a two and a half hour round trip. Part of the reason I hung out in the shop for the build was so that I could do work just like that - 15 minutes and no need for parts, as the relay was "in the bag". It helps to have a dealer who does not "pocket" that stuff, but rather handed it to me, and said "extra?" My bike was my dealer's first new SV or Eluder, and we learned together. While not for everyone, I'm sure some wish they had a dealer they could just call and get the over the phone assistance I have been blessed with since the early 90's. I'm not special; they treat all their customers that way, and there's always a couple bikes in their shop bays...usually "otherwise" branded ;-)