IGNORED

Cheep bike mods

Wrecit

Hello group. My name is Wrecit and I am a cheep ass.

Ok now that the 12 step introduction is out of the way anyone ever look at wish.com for sparkly parts, electronics, ect for your bike? I know first impressions of wish is look at price and write it off as Chinese junk. Well you are not totally wrong. I been buying off wish for little over 3 years and have yet to find an item that I said wow amazing quality but have been pleasantly surprised several times. Have bought wood router bits, work gloves and even a hud system I put in my minivan.

Been looking at bike stuff as well as led strip lighting for the bike and will probably try some of the stuff out. Just wondering if there were any other habitual cheap asses here

RAM mounts are not sparkly but darn good quality. Food for thought anyway. I'm one of those guys that just looks for sales and/or previously loved versions of things I want. That being said you have a pretty decent list going, we'll have to see how it looks when you get her all tailored up to your liking.

I am a habitual cheap-ass of the highest order. Mostly I shop on Ebay and patience is how I get the score deals. Even though I'm cheap I avoid Chinese products like the plague. It does cost more but I need to know I can rely on my equipment, my bike and I can get pretty far from home sometimes and failures on the road can be quite $$$$$. One place I would strongly advise not buying Chinese is for maintenance/repair items for the bike itself. Carb parts, seals, gaskets, brake pads or any hard parts. There are often non-Chinese aftermarket solutions with savings over OEM parts but still known good quality.

Oh yea, Welcome!!

I'm in the boat of not paying anymore than I have to, but getting what I paid for. I shop as local as I can, don't argue the price normally, but demand backup service when and if needed. I find that shopping out of country often seems cheaper and therefore is very enticing, but when everything is said and done the total result is not up to the at first believed satisfaction level. As the saying goes: the pleasure of cheap price is soon forgotten in the disappointment of poor quality. That's not saying I don't buy American or Chinese, but the price difference has to be affordable.

I got my LED pods and strips from wish along with my iPod mount (the only apple product i own is on the bike) . Have bought gloves and a silk balaclava as well. Lots of stuff in the house and car also. You get what you pay for i'm told but so far have been pleasantly surprised with the stuff i get.

how much?

glove were like $3.oo silk balacave was 2 for $5.00 led strips i got 20 12" strips for $20.00 and the light pods 1 got 18 pods with a remote (3 function) $15.00

i've also bought stuff for around the house cabinet lights for $1. Each other stuff like led flashlights and some small electronic tools for my son all at about 1/4 the price of amazon or fleabay but you have to wait for shipping 4-6 weeks on most stuff

glove were like $3.oo silk balacave was 2 for $5.00 led strips i got 20 12" strips for $20.00 and the light pods 1 got 18 pods with a remote (3 function) $15.00

i've also bought stuff for around the house cabinet lights for $1. Each other stuff like led flashlights and some small electronic tools for my son all at about 1/4 the price of amazon or fleabay but you have to wait for shipping 4-6 weeks on most stuff

Those LED strips on the Bike or in the House?:fingers-crossed-emo

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 12 pc set of 12" Blue LED Underbody lighting coming from wish that will arrive

around Aug 13th. Will show you the results when it gets here.

$4.00 cost/ $4.00 shipping / $0.82 tax = total: $8.82:fingers-crossed-emo

https://www.wish.com/product/5c272c30b7fac74aa5f7ddee