IGNORED

Led turn signal flasher

on the 1999 RSV factory manual schematic there are two flasher relays listed, #17 is a two pin flasher sending a pulse to the hazard flasher #18 .

On ebay there are electronic variable rate flashers listed as a LED upgrade, with two pins that could feed a pulse to the hazard relay.

My question is, has anyone tried replacing the stock 2 pin flasher with a upgraded variable flash rate flasher? The electronic ones are generally rated at 150 watts which is way more than we would require. The stock 1156 bulbs are 100 watts for all four.

Thanks for your advice

Mike

The OEM 2nd Gen (99-2014) have a self cancel signal. Only thing I have seen guys do is install a resistor. The mod I have seen was actually done on a Suzuki something. Looked easy enough. You dont need the big ole heat sink job because they are only momentary on. If you dont run the resistor they flash like crazy and folks really dont see them well. Try this one https://www.ebay.com/i/254059438934?chn=ps

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I am planning on using a relay similar to the one on ebay.

My problem is I have been unable to locate the flasher relay, #17 , on the schematic to make the change so I can vary the pulse rate to the hazard flasher.

Any suggestions where the llittle relay is hiding?

Thanks again

Mike

Thank you for your reply.

I will pursue the variable rate flasher relay and if I get the flasher system working correctly with the new relay I will repost.

Now I have to find the little flasher relay the feeds the pulse to the hazard relay which is the one shown in the posting you directed me to.

I split my fairing to rebuild the shocks completely and thought I found the little relay above the headlight but when I removed what I thought was the flasher and turned the left turn indicator on to flash it work perfectly.

Wil try the area down by the battery next.

Mike