IGNORED

Used oil report

I am approaching my second oil change on my Star Venture. I decided to send in a oil sample due to some of the engines having the cam-lifter issue. I decided to use Polaris Labs in Indianapolis as American had used Blackstone. I thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the two labs.

As it turns out, there is not much difference between the two reports. The biggest thing is that there is no alarming amount of metals in the oil that would indicate lifter or cam wear. American was using 10w-40 Redline oil and i am using Amsoil 10w-40 MCF. The oil had 3800 miles on it at the time of the test. Polaris labs said oil was good for continued use so i am going to run it for awhile longer than I had planned then change it again.

I am approaching my second oil change on my Star Venture. I decided to send in a oil sample due to some of the engines having the cam-lifter issue. I decided to use Polaris Labs in Indianapolis as American had used Blackstone. I thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the two labs.

As it turns out, there is not much difference between the two reports. The biggest thing is that there is no alarming amount of metals in the oil that would indicate lifter or cam wear. American was using 10w-40 Redline oil and i am using Amsoil 10w-40 MCF. The oil had 3800 miles on it at the time of the test. Polaris labs said oil was good for continued use so i am going to run it for awhile longer than I had planned then change it again.

Wayy cool Dunk!! Glad to hear your oil tests came back clean and sounds like your on the right path brother!! You mentioning "Polaris" brought back some memories of seeing their 111 (the engine they use in their big twin Indian models) cutaway at Sturgis at the same time we got to see the 113 cutaway under glass.. I did notice at that time that Polaris decided to follow HD's RnD and default to roller lifters on their pushrod V-Twin too.. Made me wonder why Mom Yam's RnD engineers didn't come to the same conclusion that HD and then Polaris came to for the need for the extra protection that rollers provide.. It would be interesting to know the reasoning for that IMHO..