IGNORED

Made it home from Maintanance Day

rickardracing

Made it home as well but she was a very wet ride all the way to Niagara Falls. Shortest MD ever for me but not without some Major high points, That being all the great people I got to reconnect with as well as the new ones I met. As always thanks Don and Elaine for once again inviting us to your home.

I too made it home safely as well. Wonderful time! The somewhat smaller group this year lended itself to a lot more time to have some excellent conversations with some new, and some old friends! When the group is larger, it's hard to have "Quality Time" with anyone because of the volume of people. This was not the case this year. Thank you everyone who attended for your kindness and concern and for uplifting my spirit during these trying times in my life. I can't tell you how much I appreciated your friendship over this weekend.

Earl

We decided to leave early as well, 4 of us from Ontario. Weather forecast was not getting better as time went on for Sunday and most folks were leaving the hotel Saturday, so we decided to depart and save the worst of the weather for watching at home. Didn't quite turn out that way. Forecast for today actully is not bad riding weather,,, bummer!!!!,,, oh well, we made it home safe and now dry I'm sure.

Herb1 and I were the leading in the lead, with Sleepy2 and Saddlebum following in the back, Sleepy2 was struggling a bit with his trailer through all the wet and it seemed to us that we lost them on the 271, so we pulled off at the first stop on I90, at which time they passed us by, looking for us. Herb1 and I lost about an hour or better holing up for them as they nicely scooted all the way in front of us,,, oh well, they're loss I guess.

Thanks Don And Eileen, it was as great as usual being at your place,,,can we do it again next year???? please????

I finally pulled into my garage at 12:45am this morning as with weather (rain) bad traction (between concrete - groves-drop offs from construction and being out rode because of bad communication. Was following Ben to Niagara Falls but after I couldn't see and a few slips I tried to communicate this he was gone so I finally pulled of in Tonawanda to get gas and food to wait until rain let off a bit.

Guess should have waited to leave as planned.

Thanks again Don & Eileen for a short BUT great time. Already looking forward to next year!!!

Great time meeting up with all those who I've met before and a few I met for first time.

Rise Mary and I are home safe and dry. Stayed overnight at the farm in Indiana, PA. Mostly dry both days.

It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks Eileen and Don. Hope we can do it again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kris and I made it home safely if not dryly. It rained on us most of our relatively short ride. It was not really bad, not heavy rain until the last five miles or so. Of course that was because Kris made the comment that the heavy stuff held off for us!

We did have a nice swim across a swollen creek in Windham. Water about a foot deep and running fast across the road.

Good Times!

MD was a blast and Kris really had a great time. Both of us are very happy to have met some new friends and it was great to see everybody again.

Thanks to Don and Eileen for hosting us all again. What a great weekend!

Thanks to the gentleman who donated the bungee cords when mine were AWOL. I'm sorry but your handle eludes my memory at the moment.

A special thanks to Steve for finding my errant screw and to everyone who helped me look for it!

Thanks to the Pucster for spotting the pinched wire that blew my main fuse.

Thanks Rdawson. Kris really likes the arm rests!

BTW, My bungee cords were found in the bottom of my tool bag when we unloaded!:8:

Edited by luvmy40

Tina and I pulled in about 1:20 this afternoon safe and dry. Thanks Don and Eileen for hosting this weekend we had a great time, enjoyed catching up with some old friends and making some new friends.

Ron and Tina

Man, totally bumming we didn't make it. Been looking forward to seeing old friends.

We would of had to leave here Saturday morning, and the forecast did not look promising, it was really hard calling off the ride. Guess we should have made it anyways, but somehow think the Tent would have been really Wet.

Later-

We had breakfast with Bongobob and headed out. Rode in some rain for an hour or so but made it to Lexington where our daughters are. Had a blast visiting with some I met last year and meeting more this year. Figured out Cowpuc is real and not not a mythical creature. Had a nice conversation with Skydoc and got to personally thank him for the help and parts I've ordered from him. 40 you're welcome and I hope she enjoys them. Thanks Don and Eileen for hosting us again.

Went from Don's to Youngstown, where I replaced an air conditioning condensing unit for an old friend, then home where I backed off the gravel drive into the yard and got the motorhome stuck. Couldn't pull it out with the truck, ...had to hook up the winch to get back on the gravel.... A full day.

Thanks to Don and Eileen for putting up with us and being such gracious hosts. Always a good time, and love meeting the folks on the site.

Now looking forward to NY Mini Rally.:biker:

I finally pulled into my garage at 12:45am this morning as with weather (rain) bad traction (between concrete - groves-drop offs from construction and being out rode because of bad communication. Was following Ben to Niagara Falls but after I couldn't see and a few slips I tried to communicate this he was gone so I finally pulled of in Tonawanda to get gas and food to wait until rain let off a bit.

Guess should have waited to leave as planned.

Thanks again Don & Eileen for a short BUT great time. Already looking forward to next year!!!

Great time meeting up with all those who I've met before and a few I met for first time.

Hey sleepy sorry we got split up I could not see your headlight all of a sudden so I slowed down as much as I dared. After a while I figured maybe you cut off to cross at fort Erie. I ended up crossing at the Queenston Lewiston bridge, No Idea why the GPS took me that way but I did not know the area well enough to contradict my Gps. Any way I am glad you at least made it home safe.

Also made it home. It rained all the way to Canada and then it stopped.

Thank you Eileen and Don for hosting this MD again this year. As others have said, with less people, it made it more special being able to talk with people longer and get to know them more.

A big shout out to Phoneman1981 who came all the way from West Nebraska with his wife and Grandson for their first Freebird's MD, as well as Videoarizona with his wife who flew in from Arizona. It was great meeting you Mark and Dave, along with your wives and of course Brandon, who was so excited to be there and such a good talker.

A big welcome as well to our newest member who just joined on Friday night and rode out the next morning to MD, Erict79. Eric you have a nice looking bike and we hope to see you at some other events and rides.

Thank you again Eileen and Don for opening up your home and property for all of us to gather and have such a great time. Don, thanks for your patience and guidance in backing me into your driveway. Maybe thats why you where losing your voice. The need to be yelling at me since I wasn't doing things as you where telling me too. Haha.

And Eileen thank you for taking me out for a drive in that beautiful convertible along with Peggy. An enjoyable memory for sure.

First off, I have to apologise to Don and Eileen for not showing up, I owe you for the meal I missed.

With our preparing our selves and the house for sale, I totally forgot about MD until Friday evening when I saw Rodneys post about being broke down , at that point it was too late to dig out the camper for setup at Pond Monster campground. Would have took 2 days to find the camper buried under all the moving boxes.

Looks like everyone had a great time in spite of the weather . I Hope to have found a home by the time next MD rolls around.

My body was here at home but my head was in Oberlin all weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

First off, I have to apologise to Don and Eileen for not showing up, I owe you for the meal I missed.

With our preparing our selves and the house for sale, I totally forgot about MD until Friday evening when I saw Rodneys post about being broke down , at that point it was too late to dig out the camper for setup at Pond Monster campground. Would have took 2 days to find the camper buried under all the moving boxes.

Looks like everyone had a great time in spite of the weather . I Hope to have found a home by the time next MD rolls around.

No apologies necessary but you were missed. Several people asked about you. Hope to see you again soon.

Finished the last leg of the trip. GPS app says 539 miles from our place to Freebird's, scenic route took us 2176.2 miles round trip in 8 days. Might have saved a few miles but we did follow Carl some.

GOOD RIDE = OUTSTANDING CORPORAL NEWKIRK :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:!!! It was an honor and pleasure to FINALLY meet you brother!!! Sooo much fun,, so many great memories!! :thumbsup:

We made it home safe and sound. We rode up to Lake Erie and rode around. We did not get home until late last night.

Thank you, Don and Eileen for being so kind to all of us. It was a wonderful time.

Also the I am still resting from the hugging contest. I really will have to call a tie so we can try again next year.

Yama Mama

Finished the last leg of the trip. GPS app says 539 miles from our place to Freebird's, scenic route took us 2176.2 miles round trip in 8 days. Might have saved a few miles but we did follow Carl some.

Whoever said that Carl knew where he was going was from another world. He just tools around, or is it tours around,,, either way it's 'around' and that won't be square anytime soon,,,,, u-turns are round,,,,barn-yards are round,,, parking lots are round,,, yep!! it's around,,, all around!!

Raggie, you is going to have to get youself one of them there newfangled reminder rememberer thingies. I got me one now and it works wonderful, a feller can even make phone calls on it,,, and it also does that new stuff like texting,, or was it that other word,, I think it started with an 's'. Now just because it works so good, doesn't mean it helps me a bunch though,,,, still got to remember to look at it from time to time and there is times when I just plain forget about it. Maybe it can work for you eh?

8 days on the road and we had a great time with mostly good weather. The only bad thing we saw was on the way south Sunday. I71 south at exit 140 in Ohio an HD tangled with the guard rail. They were loading the rider on a spine board as we passed, I have no idea of his injuries and hope the best for him.

We made it home a few hours ago, ran into rain every now and again, once back in Florida, it was hot enough that we did not stop to put rain gear on, just rode through it and got wet, each time we dried out, it rained again. Anyways had a great time, and we are home safe.