IGNORED

Tire change

Changed out a worn out Avon Venom rear for a new Michelin Commander II today and what a huge difference. The handling feels like it has come back to life. I also downsized the front to a 130 Commander II and the combination of the two makes the bike feel 100 pounds lighter in the way it handles. I'm not the typical superslab @80mph guy, I much prefer the twisties in the mountains because the scenery is stunning and straight roads are just boring. Prepping for a 1500 mile tour of Western Colorado in a couple weeks and the bike is lean, mean and ready for the twisties now!!!

IMG_20190605_172740640.jpg

Man you hit the nail on the head IMOP. The best "mods" I did I think the my RSV when I had it was Michelin C II tires (the 130/90 up front) and lowering the front forks about 3/4" up in the triple tree. But the tires, man of course they were new compared to worn out Dunlaps but confidence. And in the rain way better.

MKII's side by side the Metz and Mich Commanders out performed in heavy rains thru puddles! The Mich set were also smaller sized and gave it a quicker/lighter feel.

The Metz on my ride made her funner to ride but I could the Mitch lean in quicker quicker, however the radios is quite a bit lower tho I can't see it effecting a touring ride other than just excepting that fact.

Good choice, enjoy the ride, stay safe, don't forget your age;) Healing takes longer

Changed out a worn out Avon Venom rear for a new Michelin Commander II today and what a huge difference. The handling feels like it has come back to life. I also downsized the front to a 130 Commander II and the combination of the two makes the bike feel 100 pounds lighter in the way it handles. I'm not the typical superslab @80mph guy, I much prefer the twisties in the mountains because the scenery is stunning and straight roads are just boring. Prepping for a 1500 mile tour of Western Colorado in a couple weeks and the bike is lean, mean and ready for the twisties now!!!

Nice looking bike. Looks just like mine except I don't have the bag guards or the trunk rack. I might have to look into them after seeing yours. I also went with the Michelin and the smaller tire up front. Really like the difference in handling. Some have said it is not as stable on the highway but I haven't experienced any problems. Have a good trip.