IGNORED

Mixed feelings, & bit of a sad day!

Kretz

Well, it had to happen one day! I have very mixed feelings, but..... I decided to let my RSTD go. We still have a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 not as powerful for two up but still capable if we do undertake any longer trips (which is unlikely) but I loved the RSTD, it had real presence on the road! Acceleration & stopping power were/ are phenomenal.

We didn't ride at all last year for a number of reasons, health, time, insurance costs, inclination & so the list goes on. We bought it in 2015 intending to do some longer trips but alas that didn't work out, we did have some fun with it in the early days & it really is a beautiful mile munching machine that deserved to be ridden & not just stand in the garage.

So it was all rather fortuitous, a very nice guy we sometimes see & talk to at our local coffee hangout recently had his bike stolen, we were talking & I mentioned that I was thinking of selling mine. He asked for details, came & viewed it the next day & decided on the spot he'd have it once he had his insurance sorted out. 2009 in immaculate condition & with only 24,000 km on it.

So yesterday he came a collected it. He tends to do longer trips so the bike will get used as it was meant to be. I wish him many years of trouble free riding!

I told him about this forum & I think he joined up & did a lot of research in the month it took to clear his insurance.

I'll still be hanging around for a while.

I had an 07 Vulcan 900. That was the bike that "got me back on 2 wheels" after a hiatus. Bought it new in 07 and put bags and a windshiled and oh yea a seat we could stand to be on more than 30 min. We made a couple 1500 mile 2 up trips, and I rode it most weeks back and forth to airport for work 180 miles a week. Put like 36k miles on it before we traded for the RSV. It was a good bike and 2 up was not bad for a couple hundred miles a day.

Kretz man, you're breaking our Heart, AGAIN!!!

We owned exactly the same '09 RSTD, and absolutely adored 'The Wee Beastie'.

Had to let 'Miss Daisy' go when we couldn't back it over a razor-thin carpet in the Garage.

Sad, sad Day. Best Bike we owned, of 20 over the Years. IF we ever get to a point where things make it possible, that Bike will be back in the Barn in a blink.

Rgds, WRIDR

I had an 07 Vulcan 900. That was the bike that "got me back on 2 wheels" after a hiatus. Bought it new in 07 and put bags and a windshiled and oh yea a seat we could stand to be on more than 30 min. We made a couple 1500 mile 2 up trips, and I rode it most weeks back and forth to airport for work 180 miles a week. Put like 36k miles on it before we traded for the RSV. It was a good bike and 2 up was not bad for a couple hundred miles a day.

Funnily enough the Vulcan is the bike that also got me back into riding again after a looooong break, it's also the bike I took & passed my test on. (I had to do a full theory & road test in Canada) even though I'd held a UK bike licence from being 16 years old.

I may sound silly but I do have a bit of an emotional attachment to the Vulcan. I bought it in 2012 It's a 2006 (US model) Classic LT in superb condition, with less than 14,000 miles on it. (it had 5600 miles on when I bought it)

But you're right about that seat, I have considered a Mustang or similar aftermarket but I don't want to splash out $600+ to find I don't like it! Our seat isn't bad we can do an hour & a half or more & I've been told that it's not a standard Vulcan seat but that it was made by one of the aftermarket outfits for Kawasaki. (How true that is I don't know, :confused24: but it does look slightly different to other seats of that period)

Only negative is the speedometer is calibrated in mph so I have to think about speeds here in km/h. Or move south LOL (I know.... it's not a difficult conversion)

I hate selling any bike... You accept you're selling it.. Put it for sale then you have that awful feeling when you see someone else ride it away.

I love VNs mind... Had the 800 and along side my RSV is a VN1500 FI Classic tourer

Heck!!! Stockton-on-Tees! That's where I'm from too. Born in Norton, Lived & worked around Stockton most of my life till moving to Canada in 2002. You have some fabulous & often deserted roads around there! NY Moors, Dales but maybe not quite so deserted now!

Yes I know what you mean about watching it ride away... But we do know the buyer so no doubt we'll see him & the bike again, it really sounded good going down thew road (I've not heard it like that before 'cause of course I've always been on it!) I put LA Choppers mufflers on it so sounded very nice but not raucous.

I was actually looking for a Vulcan Nomad 1600 when I fell across the RSTD.

I had a Vulcan 900 also, great bike . I bought it for the wife to ride but she said she would rather ride with me so my son and his wife road it for two years. Then we traded it for the V Star 1300 we have now.

I had hoped my wife would ride the Vulcan when I bought the RSTD, she's had a mc licence since her teens, but she was quite happy to sit on the back of the RSTD & enjoy the scenery & help with navigation!

I had hoped my wife would ride the Vulcan when I bought the RSTD, she's had a mc licence since her teens, but she was quite happy to sit on the back of the RSTD & enjoy the scenery & help with navigation!

My wife would not learn to ride du to a medical problem that we have been fighting for years. But we finally got it under control.

My wife would not learn to ride du to a medical problem that we have been fighting for years. But we finally got it under control.

Good on you, please you got the problem sorted! Those medical problems can be a real PITA (even when they're not "in the a**!") Hope all goes well for you from here on in!

I bought a NOS 2014 VN900 Classic last summer when I wasn't riding much due to problems handling the weight of my RSTD.

I love the VN900, but haven't done any trips over 150 miles. But its very comfortable for 2-3 hour rides. I suspect I could go cross country on it if I wanted to.

I'll likely sell my RSTD as its not being ridden.

Heck!!! Stockton-on-Tees! That's where I'm from too. Born in Norton, Lived & worked around Stockton most of my life till moving to Canada in 2002. You have some fabulous & often deserted roads around there! NY Moors, Dales but maybe not quite so deserted now!

Yes I know what you mean about watching it ride away... But we do know the buyer so no doubt we'll see him & the bike again, it really sounded good going down thew road (I've not heard it like that before 'cause of course I've always been on it!) I put LA Choppers mufflers on it so sounded very nice but not raucous.

I was actually looking for a Vulcan Nomad 1600 when I fell across the RSTD.

I live in Ingleby Barwick... Which is probably twice (at least) the size it was back in 2002! Ha

The missus often meets friends for drinks in Norton.. I'm frequently the taxi!

You're right about the roads being very good... You're also correct about them not being quite as deserted. I still class my self as very lucky to have the moors and the dales right on my doorstep.

Though every time I read about people's trips on here.. Makes me want to get on a plane and tour the U. S and Canada (on a bike of course!)

Hands down the BEST SONG The Eagles ever recorded.

Nothing even comes close to "Hotel California" in our opinion. Being LONG (9 minutes original) doesn't limit it in any manner; we'd love it to go twenty minutes.

Couldn't pick a better Tune to check out a new Audio System.

Rgds, WRIDR