IGNORED

Rust on front rotors

Yup only once or twice. The times I can remember was rain ride then parked in garage. I'm guessing a very clean, high humidity, then a very warm and damp garage. A quick ride, drag brake a bit all gone

I doubt that you need to worry about that. My Dodge Magnum brake rotors rust quickly if it sits for a few days and the pads make a light scrubbing sound when I back out of the driveway and brake. But, it has 115,000 miles on it and the brakes are original. Yeah, it's time for a brake job but they have really lasted especially for a heavy powerful car like a Hemi Magnum.

Ceramics have longer wear and less dust, but due to the compound my experience shows more wear on the rotor. This is on autos. Something has to wear right? I run the sintered pads on the bike, which for all purposes I guess would be a semi-metallic. I had some carbon ones on the rear of the RSV trying to help with the occasional lock up. Those guys liked so heat before gripping, so in twisties you had to sort of drag the rear brake. At any rate its not a huge deal.