IGNORED

New?? Armrest idea

I hadn't found an armrest mount that I liked until I ran across these. They are Bimini top clamps for a boat. I did have to cut away part of the rubber coating on the grab rails and drilled and tapped a set screw in the back of the clamps. They fit nice and tight. They are test fitted in the pic, she asked for them a little too tall I think. I'll let her try them before I cut them down and finish the aesthetics. IMG_1424.jpg

Do they pivot at the rear to allow access?

Yes, the bolt just under the rear of the pad is a pivot point, they fold up. I'm not a fan of the ones that pivot out. We'll test em this week going to Don's and if she's happy I'll have a local upholstery shop make some nice covers. I just wrapped em with black vinyl for now. As you can see I'm not an upholsterer. They also clear the trunk rest by 1/4" when it's open.

GREAT piece of American ingenuity there Corporal Newkirk = :thumbsup: on ya brother!!! Personally, I LOVE personalized custom work and that right there is spot on!!! THANK YOU for sharing and staying true to The Code with :photographing:'s too!!:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: