IGNORED

clock

for some reason my clock has went to loosing time around 6 hours in a week. was using it to not miss work.:hihi: is there a magic adjustment.

???

Whut the....

Well, no magic adjustment I know of. Check the usual electrical stuff. Battery, wiring, fuse, pop the top off the fairing and make sure all connections are clean and tight. No pinched wires, etc. I hope somebody else knows the magic.

• 2 weeks later...

The operation of a clock is a timing circuit normally dependent on voltage. This will be very hard to trouble shoot as the service manual has no schematic for the clock circuit, only the inputs to the meter pcb and bulbs.

If all other parts of that instrument cluster are working ok you do not have a control problem but I believe a voltage problem. A few tenths of a volt on a 12 volt circuit will play havoc with a clock but bulbs and other things will be ok. Battery spec voltage I believe if 12.8 volts minimum for a RSV. The clock works 24 hours a day so the ignition switch contacts problem only comes into play when you turn the ignition on. If you decide to work on this you must use a very good DIGITAL VOM.

Now my fairing is apart for a shock rebuild so I went and looked at the wiring connectors. Unfortunately I was unable to determine the connector to goes to the instrument cluster. Sorry.

It is also possible that a capacitor or resistor on the clock PCB is starting to fail effecting the timing circuit accuracy. If you open up the fairing and pull the instrument cluster open and close the connectors to that area. It is also possible that the connectors are dirty causing a voltage drop and moving them will make a better connection.

It may be less frustrating to find a used instrument cluster to tear apart so you can identify the proper wires or buy a handlebar mounted clock on ebay.

Mike