IGNORED

Busted saddle bag

IMG_1419.jpgPulled my trailer 265 miles to my daughter's place and found this when I got here. I find it an odd coincidence that it happened the first long ride with the trailer. The hitch is a copy of the hitches sold here and fits great without binding. The saddle bag has all the original rubber mounts and bolts on without any binding. Has anyone else seen this happen, or have an 07 blue/black bag for sale?

Was the bag loaded during trip? How much weight in it and what was it. Bottom rubber still under them?

It had few tools but nothing heavy or packed full. All the rubber mounts under and in the bag mounts. I'll go to a hobby shop in the morning and get some Testors glue and Home Depot for some ABS glue to get a fix put in it until I decide what to do. Older brother worked at Hannigan's for years and he's going to see if they might have a blue pull off as he's doing a project with them right now.

I found a car audio shop nearby and talked to the service guy, he cut me a piece of ABS sheet and since he's a rider too he wouldn't let me pay for it. A trip to a hobby shop for some model glue and Lowes for ABS pipe glue and clamp, and Harbor Freight for a cheap heat gun to form thee ABS and I'm getting it back together. I'm gonna leave tape on the outside for the trip home and hope for the best.

Not jackknifed, it happened on the road. I boxed everything up that was in the bag and it weighed more than I thought it would. Still don't think it was too much but maybe, who knows.

Is it the right side?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-YAMAHA-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-RIGHT-SIDE-SADDLEBAG-LOWER/264317563590?hash=item3d8a8df2c6:g:d6wAAOSw82lc1b8J&frcectupt=true

After cleaning it up better and studying it with my glasses on I think a passing truck threw something into it. There are multiple small cracks near the bottom of the bag. I have someone looking at Hannigans to see if they have a pull off here local but if not Mike Eycamp has one in I'll. Finding one here would mean I can have it before MD as we're leaving this Sunday and taking the scenic route.

• 1 month later...

Struck out on finding one local so instead of chancing UPS damaging the replacement I took a 400 mile trip to meet Mike Eycamp and his wife with the new bag. We met at the Rootbeer Stand for lunch and installed the bag. All is well in the world again.