IGNORED

Eluder Fuel Mileage

At first I was thinking this bike is not getting very good mileage but now that I have about 1300 miles on it the mileage has improved. I checked it and got about 40 mpg. Likeing this bike more and more all the time. I gives you a great ride and handles like a dream. Took a little bit to get used to the throttle by wire, very touchy and the fact that the first two gears are very low compared to the RSTD . I kept hitting the rev limiter. All and all I like the features my only complaint is the heat on my legs.

Still don't have enough miles on mine to give a definitive answer but from the day I bought it and rode it home from Buffalo, NY, I have gotten 40 MPG or better. Of course that it riding it gently as I've still not put enough miles on it to get out of the break in period.

--

I have about 12,000 on my GT now. I get 50 almost every tank full. If I hot dog a little, or have a lot of headwinds, it will drop to 48-49. That's mostly at an elevation of 4-6,000', if that makes any difference--I don't know. I'm usually pretty easy on the throttle and not much of any ride is 70 mph.

That's gps corrected mileage as my car tire rear also puts my speedo right on and the odometer is 1.7% over actual.

--

Still don't have enough miles on mine to give a definitive answer but from the day I bought it and rode it home from Buffalo, NY, I have gotten 40 MPG or better. Of course that it riding it gently as I've still not put enough miles on it to get out of the break in period.

Just bought my Eluder this past weekend, 400 miles on it avg'd 41mpg

• 1 month later...

--

Just got back from a 9,000 mile trip from CO to VA to ME to WI and back. Much of the distance was 70 mph on slab, but overall mileage varied from around 38-43 mpg. Even my last fill up in Denver (5,000' elevation) was low 40's. Then even with some slow traffic jam, the rest of my trip back home of 240 miles was above 5,000' and over the Rockies. I have not filled, but what the gauge shows and knowing how accurate it is, I'm back over 51 mpg. I rode that last 240 miles not yet hitting the low fuel notice.

So what changed in the whole trip? One thing, the elevation. I drove the same on the last leg, but that changed from all the prior ride.

So maybe that's why all this time I've been averaging over 50 mpg corrected to gps reading.

--