IGNORED

Cruise Control does not Set

Hey all, it has been several years since I owned a RSV again, but I cannot get the Cruise Control to Set.

I believe I'm doing it correctly. I turn the switch to On, the Set and Res lights display then the On light remains. I press Set, even held it a few seconds, and Does Not set. Even pressed Set, then immediately Resume, but did not Set.

Any Idea's?

Thanks-

Thank You Ronnie, I did have problems with front brake handle not releasing properly, and brake light staying on. Might need better cleaning of brake and clutch since the bike sat for a few years.

Appreciate your quick response, Later-

Hey all, it has been several years since I owned a RSV again, but I cannot get the Cruise Control to Set.

I believe I'm doing it correctly. I turn the switch to On, the Set and Res lights display then the On light remains. I press Set, even held it a few seconds, and Does Not set. Even pressed Set, then immediately Resume, but did not Set.

Any Idea's?

Thanks-

I have a similar problem but mine will actually set after a few tries. Here is the post I placed. Scroll down to Du-Rron's reply. I haven't had a chance to do the job yet but I think it will correct my problem when I do. Maybe it will correct yours.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?140936-Cruise-control-speedometer