IGNORED

Couple Questions, Rear Shock - Final Drive Fluid

Hey Guys,

Couple questions.....

1) I was looking at my rear shock and right above where the top bolt goes thru the shock eye there's a tab with a hole in it and a rubber bushing above it. I'll try to attach a picture. I have no bolt there. Am I missing a bolt? Is that the battery box above the shock?

2) I searched but couldn't find an answer....best oil for rear drive. One that may eliminate my whine ( I have a v-max final drive)

Thanks,

Coop

Part_1 (1).jpg

Looks like it is welded to the frame there. Hard to say, but you should be able to get a better eyeball on it. Final drive oil I liked a full synthetic . Most "whine" is usually from the clutch basket. But with a lower gear ratio I could believe it makes a bit more noise. I think 70w140 may be the weight I ran, but check the service manual. There are a couple places one is available from download free.

Looks like it is welded to the frame there. Hard to say, but you should be able to get a better eyeball on it. Final drive oil I liked a full synthetic . Most "whine" is usually from the clutch basket. But with a lower gear ratio I could believe it makes a bit more noise. I think 70w140 may be the weight I ran, but check the service manual. There are a couple places one is available from download free.

Thanks. Yah that bushing has a hole thru it, like takes a bolt. There is no evidence or markings of a nut ever being there.

I'm not sure but I think that's the battery box on top. ....I got to get my seat off tomorrow and look at the top side.

Coop

Hey Guys,

Couple questions.....

1) I was looking at my rear shock and right above where the top bolt goes thru the shock eye there's a tab with a hole in it and a rubber bushing above it. I'll try to attach a picture. I have no bolt there. Am I missing a bolt? Is that the battery box above the shock?

2) I searched but couldn't find an answer....best oil for rear drive. One that may eliminate my whine ( I have a v-max final drive)

Thanks,

Coop

No bolt is missing.

rubberbussing.jpg

Bushing.jpg

I like all that is synthetic. I use 80W-90. It will all be rated GL5-6