IGNORED

New Dry bags for Half Price - Giant Loop Dry Bags

SO... I'm getting new gear and mostly new to me gear as I re-set for riding after the last 3.5 years bikeless. Sad its true, but now the dry spell is over... and well planning to take some long trips with my wife this spring/summer - starting with our anniversary trip next month. Long story short - I had these absolutely wonderful dry bags for packing on my old bike, and searched for them again for this refit - The Giant Loop Tillamook dry bags.

This bag what I had before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116488[/ATTACH]

And looking online - found that the new version had many nice updates, more reinforcement for the tie downs, came with extra click straps to do so, a couple nicely reinforced handles as well as coming with the clip on shoulder straps that were before a secondary purchase. Well for the old one years ago - I spent $150 plus some extra for the shoulder straps to carry it as it had only the tie down areas and no handle. The new one at $130 from revzilla was very tempting.

new version:[ATTACH=CONFIG]116489[/ATTACH]

Then I found what is reportedly the old version I had before (discontinued now with the new version out) on https://slavensracing.com/shop/tillamook-dry-bag-giant-loop/ $65 bucks.

I called because they have a picure of the new version on that page, but the video at the bottom is a video talking about the old version - they confirmed it was the 'old version' being sold at that price. So I put my order in for 2 - and counted myself lucky that I found what I had before, at a good price.

Today the package arrived and in it were 2 of the NEW version. I called again - just to be nice, as I had confirmed previously that I was paying for the version I had previously -- they told me I had received the right one, and that it is their site that is discontinuing carrying the bags. I asked why they would stop carrying such a nice and nearly indestructible product, their answer: the bags sit on the shelf and don't sell out much, as a result the company is looking to move that shelf space to products they can sell more often.

SO -- ANYONE looking to do some long distance travel, and wants some premium add on bags that will keep their stuff dry for miles and miles, on the bike, on a kayak, on long hiking trips, etc. There are three sizes they are selling at half price... and they are the NEW version. When they are gone they are gone, but I'm getting the info to you nice folks here first - they have the Columbia, Tillamook and the Rouge all at half price.

JB