IGNORED

Picked Up Project '97 RSTD - SS Brake Lines?

Pics will be forthcoming.

Picked up a '97 RSTD that needs some work. PO laid it down in a round-a-bout but the crashbars did their jobs. Very minor damage. However, the rear brake doesn't work and the front brakes are squishy. No big deal, I can handle that stuff.

However, in looking for parts, I am running into obstacles. Specifically, replacement SS brake lines. The lines on the bike appear to be original and are in need of replacement. No use in replacing with anything other than SS braided lines.

Are the '97 RSTD lines the same as on the Gen2 Ventures?

Is there somewhere other than the usual places (Spiegel) to get SS lines for this?

Other questions will be asked as I tear into this project. Thanks for your help.

RR

• 2 weeks later...

My son was in from Arizona (GoldenRider) and we sorted out most of the problems on the bike.

We got the brakes sorted out and the tip-over bars straightened. Why do I use a 5 lb hammer? Because I don't have a 10 lb hammer.

This bike was supposed to be an upgrade for my son as he is a bit irritated with the extensive maintenance required to keep his '83 Venture in good running order. Well, we took the bike out for a run and it worked great. However, with both of us being about 6'4", we found the '97 RSTD considerably too small. Therefore, I will finish all the repairs and sell it (hopefully recovering what was paid).

The item I am having a bear of a time finding is the hollow bolt that connects the auxiliary driving light to the turn signal. Any ideas of where to source one?

RR