IGNORED

A Tough Choice

Looking at two RSV Trikes a Tough Choice.

(Yes Mike, on TT Site).

1st is 03 RSV Hannigan IS Trike 60k miles.

2nd is 07 RSV Tri Wing w/extension, Straight Axle, 30k miles.

Both about same price.

Which Trike Kit is better?

Which would you Choose?

Thanks-James

I've never owned one. but from everything I've read, the Hannigan with it's independent rear suspension is absolutely the best choice. Larry Skeels, @Carbon_One has owned both. I have tagged him on this thread. I've heard him say several times though that the Hannigan was superior.

Thank You Don!

Planning on this being my one and only trike so Reliability and Comfort for Charlene and I are the most Important.

But will admit I really like the blue/black of 07, but the 03 midnight edition, is also nice.

Later-

PS, hopfully after buying one, we can make it to

Maintenance Day.

2007-Yamaha-Royal Star-Motorcycle--Motorcycle-200722179-5e52bbce31f0da40a6e39e42e31d04b3.jpg

2019042595174834.jpg

2019042595175017.jpg

Edited by Red Ryder

I guess @Carbon_One hasn't seen this post yet. I know that he originally built a Tri Wing trike. He rode it for a couple of years I think but then ended up having a Hanigan trike built and sold his Tri Wing. He stated many times that there was day and night difference between the Hannigan and the solid axle Tri Wing. I don't think I would even consider it over the Hannigan.

Thank You Don.

Don't want to second guess, or "I Should Of" thing.

So I believe the Hannigan kit will be the way to go, even if four years older and twice the miles.

I remember a saying I would tell my children when spending a little more for somethings: "Long after the price is forgotten, true Quality will remain".

Later-

Thanks for the heads up on this topic Don. Red Ryder / James having had both versions of these 2 trikes Hannigan is the Cadillac of the two in ride comfort. Prices between the too being relativity close even with twice the mileage on the 03 Midnight over the 07 blue Tri-Wing model I'd pick the 03 every time. The independent suspension will give you & your passenger a much smoother, comfortable ride. A couple other pluses for giving the 03 the nod is gearing, Tri-Wings 2.42 axle ratio to 3.73 for Hannigan. I found the 3.73 gearing better in hilly riding as I didn't need downshifting as much. Very little difference in fuel economy either.

I replaced the Tri-Wing due to being hit broadside by a car in 2k12. Insurance paid me well enough for me too buy another bike, "09", then had Hannigan convert it for me. While I no longer own that 09 I'd buy another Hannigan triked bike in a heart beat if in the market. Current ride is a Polaris Slingshot because of lingering back / shoulder issues from that accident.

Larry

That's the kind of info I wanted to know, Thank You Larry, most Appreciated! :big-grin-emoticon:

This is why I like this site, honest answers.

Big Investment to us, so wanted to do it right.

No Reverse, wished it did, but my Harley with sidecar didn't either. But the wing & sidecar does.

More of a pleasure item, but nice to have.

Thanks, Later-