IGNORED

Found one yet? CT for 85 Venture Royal

NDAna

I did a fair amount of digging, testing, measuring, trying to get a CT for my 83 to work and never was successful as back before we were unable to chase Jack Rabbits across the hot deserts of the U.S., I was spooning on a new tire x3 just for a few weeks of fun. I had pretty much given up completely and then I bumped into Jakester (see vid) out in Sturgis with one mounted on his Wing.. :cool10::cool10: about it, I did follow up with a shot at the CT he was running and found out, once again, that the MK1's just don't have the clearance for a CT (at least that is what 35 years of spinning wrenches on these things turned up in my case). I am wondering if others have found the same and that that is the reason you are not being successful in your searching ND:detective:.. I do think the one in the video was the closest I had found to fitting and got a hunch that with some modding, that tire could be made to function..

• 6 months later...
I did a fair amount of digging, testing, measuring, trying to get a CT for my 83 to work and never was successful as back before we were unable to chase Jack Rabbits across the hot deserts of the U.S., I was spooning on a new tire x3 just for a few weeks of fun. I had pretty much given up completely and then I bumped into Jakester (see vid) out in Sturgis with one mounted on his Wing.. :cool10::cool10: about it, I did follow up with a shot at the CT he was running and found out, once again, that the MK1's just don't have the clearance for a CT (at least that is what 35 years of spinning wrenches on these things turned up in my case). I am wondering if others have found the same and that that is the reason you are not being successful in your searching ND:detective:.. I do think the one in the video was the closest I had found to fitting and got a hunch that with some modding, that tire could be made to function..

CP, did you ever find the Darkside for the 1st Gen?