IGNORED

Toe shift only

I'm interested in ditching my heel/toe shift. Not that I don't like using it but it's limiting my options for foot placement, I like the balls of my foot near the back of the floorboards.

I think my used RSV may have an after market shifter as it matches the fancy handgrips. It appears to be a one-piece assembly and I'd prefer to not just cut it off. Is anyone aware of a compatible toe only shifter? Or does anyone have an extra h/t shifter they'd like to sell?

TIA

I'm interested in ditching my heel/toe shift. Not that I don't like using it but it's limiting my options for foot placement, I like the balls of my foot near the back of the floorboards.

I think my used RSV may have an after market shifter as it matches the fancy handgrips. It appears to be a one-piece assembly and I'd prefer to not just cut it off. Is anyone aware of a compatible toe only shifter? Or does anyone have an extra h/t shifter they'd like to sell?

TIA

A lot of guys end up cutting the H/T, but VentureLine actually makes a toe/toe shifter for the RSV. I've replaced the heel/toe on every one of my RSV's.. I just like the foot farther back on the peg position like a first gen.. And I can move my foot around and not accidentally hit the heel pad. Over 50 years of riding my left toe has been educated to shift up and down...

Update:

After realizing how easily a replacement could be found, I was encouraged to simply cut the "heel pad" portion of the shifter off. This was the perfect answer. Plenty of room for multiple foot positions now and heel upshifting is easy and seemingly unaffected. If I point my toes outward, my heel naturally comes to rest on top of what is left of the shifter.

Two minutes with a sawzall and a grinder and I'm very happy with the new arrangement.

• 1 year later...

anyone have a heel toe rig for sell that works with pegs or floorboard set? I wear a size 14. getting my toe under it has always been a pain and adjument makes me have to lift my foot to upshift. dont care if its for pegs or board I need one.

Much appreciated!

anyone have a heel toe rig for sell that works with pegs or floorboard set? I wear a size 14. getting my toe under it has always been a pain and adjument makes me have to lift my foot to upshift. dont care if its for pegs or board I need one.

Much appreciated!

Probably getting harder to find since the 2nGen demise, but they're still out there... If you're in a hurry a few folks have just cut the heel arm off and McGivered a toe shift. I'm a big fan of the toe shift for much the same reason you are.. 15's.. Been lucky to find one for all three of my 2ndGens... Good luck on your search...

Ooop's Just noticed your riding an 87VR. There should be a ton of them out there for 1stGens... Never cared for boards on any of my 1st's...

Edited by Condor

Probably getting harder to find since the 2nGen demise, but they're still out there... If you're in a hurry a few folks have just cut the heel arm off and McGivered a toe shift. I'm a big fan of the toe shift for much the same reason you are.. 15's.. Been lucky to find one for all three of my 2ndGens... Good luck on your search...

Ooop's Just noticed your riding an 87VR. There should be a ton of them out there for 1stGens... Never cared for boards on any of my 1st's...

If I casn get one to use with the pegs Im good, dont have to be boards, but at 6'3 have my foot a little further forward is comfy. i sit on the V in same position as I would be on a crouch rocket except for sitting up and bars. having my legs bent back also causes my prstetics to rub raw spots on my leg, that too do suck a root.. herrrmmmm... bush beating will getter did i gues, Thanks for the input! and Ride Safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny... I'm 5'5" and wear size 9's, but... I'm going to cut the heel half of the shifter off on mine too. That heel shifter is only good for getting in the way, catching on your jeans, and sometimes making an unwanted shift into neutral on very sharp switchbacks.