United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toe shift only

I'm interested in ditching my heel/toe shift. Not that I don't like using it but it's limiting my options for foot placement, I like the balls of my foot near the back of the floorboards.

I think my used RSV may have an after market shifter as it matches the fancy handgrips. It appears to be a one-piece assembly and I'd prefer to not just cut it off. Is anyone aware of a compatible toe only shifter? Or does anyone have an extra h/t shifter they'd like to sell?

TIA

United States
    NH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Toe shift only

Here's some on ebay. Just cut it and touch up the raw end with aluminum paint to prevent rust.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...r&_sacat=10063

United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013 Black Victory XCT
    Trailers are for when your bike is broke, aint they?

United States
    CA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReCycled View Post
    I'm interested in ditching my heel/toe shift. Not that I don't like using it but it's limiting my options for foot placement, I like the balls of my foot near the back of the floorboards.

I think my used RSV may have an after market shifter as it matches the fancy handgrips. It appears to be a one-piece assembly and I'd prefer to not just cut it off. Is anyone aware of a compatible toe only shifter? Or does anyone have an extra h/t shifter they'd like to sell?

TIA
    A lot of guys end up cutting the H/T, but VentureLine actually makes a toe/toe shifter for the RSV. I've replaced the heel/toe on every one of my RSV's.. I just like the foot farther back on the peg position like a first gen.. And I can move my foot around and not accidentally hit the heel pad. Over 50 years of riding my left toe has been educated to shift up and down...

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, when I switch from my other bikes to the RSV my left foot is confused. I can see why the H/T shifter is liked because you can shift while wearing huge boots. I've started just using the toe part of the shifter.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft

United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:

After realizing how easily a replacement could be found, I was encouraged to simply cut the "heel pad" portion of the shifter off. This was the perfect answer. Plenty of room for multiple foot positions now and heel upshifting is easy and seemingly unaffected. If I point my toes outward, my heel naturally comes to rest on top of what is left of the shifter.

Two minutes with a sawzall and a grinder and I'm very happy with the new arrangement.

United States
    MS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut the heel part off my shifter tonight. I never have been able to comfortably use a heel shifter.

United States
    ME
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have a heel toe rig for sell that works with pegs or floorboard set? I wear a size 14. getting my toe under it has always been a pain and adjument makes me have to lift my foot to upshift. dont care if its for pegs or board I need one.
    Much appreciated!
    Dont Blame me if Im in your way, Ive already been dead and tried my best to not be in your way. God has other plans so go ask him what the problem is an lemme know what he says.
    87 Venture
    03 RSV
    86 Shadow VT1100

United States
    CA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Phill View Post
    anyone have a heel toe rig for sell that works with pegs or floorboard set? I wear a size 14. getting my toe under it has always been a pain and adjument makes me have to lift my foot to upshift. dont care if its for pegs or board I need one.
    Much appreciated!
    Probably getting harder to find since the 2nGen demise, but they're still out there... If you're in a hurry a few folks have just cut the heel arm off and McGivered a toe shift. I'm a big fan of the toe shift for much the same reason you are.. 15's.. Been lucky to find one for all three of my 2ndGens... Good luck on your search...

Ooop's Just noticed your riding an 87VR. There should be a ton of them out there for 1stGens... Never cared for boards on any of my 1st's...
    Last edited by Condor; 05-23-2020 at 02:58 PM.

United States
    ME
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Probably getting harder to find since the 2nGen demise, but they're still out there... If you're in a hurry a few folks have just cut the heel arm off and McGivered a toe shift. I'm a big fan of the toe shift for much the same reason you are.. 15's.. Been lucky to find one for all three of my 2ndGens... Good luck on your search...

Ooop's Just noticed your riding an 87VR. There should be a ton of them out there for 1stGens... Never cared for boards on any of my 1st's...
    If I casn get one to use with the pegs Im good, dont have to be boards, but at 6'3 have my foot a little further forward is comfy. i sit on the V in same position as I would be on a crouch rocket except for sitting up and bars. having my legs bent back also causes my prstetics to rub raw spots on my leg, that too do suck a root.. herrrmmmm... bush beating will getter did i gues, Thanks for the input! and Ride Safe.
    Dont Blame me if Im in your way, Ive already been dead and tried my best to not be in your way. God has other plans so go ask him what the problem is an lemme know what he says.
    87 Venture
    03 RSV
    86 Shadow VT1100