IGNORED

Positive side of coil

That would seem logical to me, red is usually always power or positive.

If there are 2 wires then one would be positive (colored, or most of the time red) and the other negative or ground (most of the time black or occasionally green) and normally the positive would be switched.

Follow the link, top right hand corner of the page; you will notice each switching wire has a different color coding.. Red/Black is the power feed to coils, then white, yellow, grey, and orange switch thru the box to ground.

https://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Simplified%20Circuit%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

Just a note, not all stick coils are equal so if you develop a miss at higher power range/rpm look no further.

Patch

I purchased a kit from a member on the v-max forum who makes the conversion kits. The coils I received in the kit were Denso 129700-5100. It has been raining so I have only been able to start it to make sure the connections were proper. Bike seems to start quicker than before. Still waiting to ride it to confirm how good it runs on the road.

Ron

I purchased a kit from a member on the v-max forum who makes the conversion kits. The coils I received in the kit were Denso 129700-5100. It has been raining so I have only been able to start it to make sure the connections were proper. Bike seems to start quicker than before. Still waiting to ride it to confirm how good it runs on the road.

Ron

Denso is a well known product.

Yes to starting quicker, I don't have the time at the moment to get into the whys but full voltage and a strong spark when the engine is cold is ideal.

Hope all your mods are so well thought thru and that you continue seeing instant gratification down the road.

Cheers

Patch