IGNORED

Push to Talk

I have the Eluder GT which of course has the CB radio. The radio is receiving chatter so I know it is receiving properly. Upon pressing the Push to Talk switch, it does nothing. The music doesn't stop or anything happens at all. I have confirmed that the switch does operate through the inspection mode option. Can someone confirm this function works? I have read the manual many times and I haven't come up with the answer. What setting do I need to change for this to work?

I am using the J&M blue tooth setup (DNG44) which plugs into the passenger connector which I think maybe the problem.

I have the Eluder GT which of course has the CB radio. The radio is receiving chatter so I know it is receiving properly. Upon pressing the Push to Talk switch, it does nothing. The music doesn't stop or anything happens at all. I have confirmed that the switch does operate through the inspection mode option. Can someone confirm this function works? I have read the manual many times and I haven't come up with the answer. What setting do I need to change for this to work?

I am using the J&M blue tooth setup (DNG44) which plugs into the passenger connector which I think maybe the problem.

I have an SV with a Sena Freewire setup and I know that on mine, there is a bit of a delay, i.e., I have to depress the button for almost a second before it actuates. Don't know if this is the same as your issue or not.

--

Man, are you telling me I've had c.b. all this time and didn't realize it? I'll be. I did read in the manual that if you had it, all persons had to stay at least 22" away from the antenna. It must be pretty potent. I guess if TWater, the o.p., doesn't mind being sterile for the rest of his life, he's okay. :yikes:

--

--

Man, are you telling me I've had c.b. all this time and didn't realize it? I'll be. I did read in the manual that if you had it, all persons had to stay at least 22" away from the antenna. It must be pretty potent. I guess if TWater, the o.p., doesn't mind being sterile for the rest of his life, he's okay. :yikes:

--

At 61 years of age and no snipping, that sounds good to me!

I have an SV with a Sena Freewire setup and I know that on mine, there is a bit of a delay, i.e., I have to depress the button for almost a second before it actuates. Don't know if this is the same as your issue or not.

I tried your method and no go for me. Held the button 10 seconds and nothing changed. Thanks for the reply though.

• 1 month later...

--

I can't seem to figure out how to talk on my c.b. The manual shows some push/talk button, or something, I would presume on the left handlebar of my Eluder GT. I can't find one.

--

--

Okay. Thanks. I think I found it. You activate it with the forefinger of your left hand. I will pull outside tomorrow and see if I can hear anybody. I presume I can somehow talk through the mike in my helmet. The helmet speakers and mike were set up by the JM company in Tuscan Arizona. I should have asked them at the time how to work it. But then, even my dealer didn't know anything. They could barely get the bike started.

--

--

Found the switch. Nobody replies to my call outs. But I did discover that the two antennas are not the same. The one with the longer base is the CB antenna and should be on the left. It says on the rubber area near the end if it is a left or right antenna. I may not have had them on correctly.

--

I have the same setup on my Star Venture TC, it is not working either. I also think something is not wired right as when you go into settings the passenger settings change the rider volume in the headset. You need to check your setting to be sure the passenger is turned on then play with those settings to see if that helps. I have a June 5th appointment to have Yamaha take a look at it. J&M has been no help, I rode to Myrtle Beache SC twice to have them set it up. they said it was something wrong with the Bike. They may be right, we will see in a week or so. I'll post my findings.