IGNORED

A philosophical question

uncledj

Went up to the cabin with friends last weekend, and while I was there I decided to get rid of some junk that's been lying around.

One of the things I removed is an old mirror that's been cracked, and before I throw it in a dumpster, I'd like to know the possible ramifications.

So here's the question:

If I throw it in a dumpster / compactor without breaking it, but knowing it will be broken, ...am I subject to the dreaded 7 years bad luck?

If I throw it in a dumpster that doesn't compact, still knowing that it will eventually be broken......same result?

Since it's already somewhat broken, has the bad luck already been given to whomever originally broke it?

To what extent am I responsible for this mirror, and how do I dispose of it without getting the bad luck?

If I dig a pit and line it with sand, place the mirror in, then more sand on top, then bury it, it will probably still be broken someday, but having taken such care to protect it, would I still be subject to the bad luck?

I dunno what I'm supposed to do here.:confused24:

20190321_170719_resized.jpg

well to be safe. You should cut it into smaller pieces then sell them as lucky mirror projects. Then if that don't work have them turned into glass beads. spill a gallon of paint and dump the beads in the paint. Just don't get caught the mirror police are tough

Goofiest thread I ever did see.. Oh come on Unc,,, you know as well as all the rest of these varmints KNOW there is nothing going to happen to you no matter what you do with it... Just be careful handling it, wear gloves and saftey classes when you toss it in the dumpster and you'll be fine. Matter of fact,, if it were mine I would THROW it in the dumpster against something very hard cause I LOVE to hear the big CRASH and SMASH sounds...

unless a black cat crosses your path while on the way to the dumpster,,, if that happens, carefully go back to where you found the mirror, set it down very carefully to not create any more cracks in it, walk back over to where the black cat crossed your path and step back and forth over his tracks 23 times and then carefully walk back to your bedroom, crawl in bed and cover your head and do not remove the covers for 21.12 hours exactly!!! Dont dally in doing all this if a black cat crosses your path cause the curse for not doing so, especially when dealing with a broken mirror, is that you will start turning into a dog! Oh my gosh,,, is there something wrong with the picture of you in your signature orrrr:missingtooth:

Edited by cowpuc
I wrote "during into a dog" and it shoulda read "turning into a dog",, hopefully I didnt just bring a curse unto myself!!

Migawdness, you Guys are AMAZING!

Tonight's 'Semi-On Topic Ramblings' STARTED with a Discussion on Pacemakers!

Continued along with extremely-well-named March Madness.

Then followed THAT with Personal Experience-Enhanced philosophical input on 'Broken Mirror Fears'!!!

Correct us if wrong, but all of which does not possess a great deal of Motorcycling/Venture Rider-related topicality (think we maybe just invented a new word here?).

Best of all, nobody gives a Phiddler's Phart about it being juust slightly off topic! Including Don... hopefully.

We luvvit!

Warmest Rgds, WRIDR

Then followed THAT with Personal Experience-Enhanced philosophical input on 'Broken Mirror Fears'!!!

Correct us if wrong, but all of which does not possess a great deal of Motorcycling/Venture Rider-related topicality (think we maybe just invented a new word here?).

Best of all, nobody gives a Phiddler's Phart about it being juust slightly off topic! Including Don... hopefully.

We luvvit!

Warmest Rgds, WRIDR

and even if the Boss does care,,, IT WILL BE PARTY TIME IN THE PENALTY BOX FOR US LOP EARED VARMINTS!!! :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::rotf:

We luvvit!

Warmest Rgds, WRIDR

IMHO, one of the things that's so great about this site is it's pretty much open to ANYTHING but politics and maybe religion.

I like that I can discuss a variety of topics with my Venturerider friends. I think that if it was restricted to Yamaha Venture talk only, I'd be more likely to visit only when I had issues with / questions about my Venture. I like it much better that I can still do that, but also spend time here purely for entertainment, or at least a pleasant distraction.

Thanks Don, for a wonderful site.:thumbsup2:

Gonna throw caution to the wind and GENTLY set it in a dumpster.

Like Puc, I too like the crash, but I'm not going to BEG for the bad luck.:depressed:

No, I think with your views that you are stuck with the mirror forever. I think you should polish it up real good and put in a special place, like maybe on the ceiling over your bed. :cool17:

Randy

You can take it to goodwill in the off chance that some hipster will fall in love with it, you know it may be broken, but may not.

If it is broken before the next owner takes deliver then you only you get 3.5 years as an accomplice.

If it remains whole until it is owned you are are off the hook.

You can take it to goodwill in the off chance that some hipster will fall in love with it, you know it may be broken, but may not.

If it is broken before the next owner takes deliver then you only you get 3.5 years as an accomplice.

If it remains whole until it is owned you are are off the hook.

So, now we have Schrödinger's Mirror.

Is it broken? Is it whole? Yes.

No, I think with your views that you are stuck with the mirror forever. I think you should polish it up real good and put in a special place, like maybe on the ceiling over your bed. :cool17:

Randy

Things being as they are....that'd be a pretty boring place to put it.:depressed:

If it was already cracked, you have nothing to worry about...BUUUUUUUUTTT if you were the original crackie, ask yourself one question. How long has it been since I've had any GOOD LUCK ? and if you were the original crackie, you're in a world of do-do.... but don't worry just send me all you're cash BECAUSE I know how to solve you're problem.....But, It'll cost you.....no need to thank me.....what are friends for ?

I have a test to perform and this is where I am going to post results. I removed a 36X24 plate glass mirror while remodeling a bathroom. There is no frame whatsoever (who came up with this word), anyway I am going to break it and picture it here with Puc's help. You can start the seven year count as soon as I post. Let the "bad luck" soon begin. Won't be long!:duck::detective::rasberry::smash2::whistling::yikes::backinmyday:

:farmer: