IGNORED

Looking at the darkside

ReCycled

Greetings! New RSV('05) owner here with Hannigan sidecar.

The bike's pusher has plenty of tread left but I'm researching darkside options. Looking for longevity and possible overall gear reduction, ok, cheaper replacement doesn't hurt either :).

I did a search but may have missed something as I'm new to the forum and still feeling my way around.

New to RSV's but not sidecars, just looking for advise about rear tires for now.

Thanks in advance.

DB

There are few options to choose from, the BFG is popular and is nearly an inch smaller in diameter giving you somewhat of a lower gear. I went with the Nexen being taller as I installed leveling links and didn't want to lose height.

The Nankeng is the same size as the Nexen if I remember correctly. I think there's a couple more but these are what I looked at.

There are few options to choose from, the BFG is popular and is nearly an inch smaller in diameter giving you somewhat of a lower gear. I went with the Nexen being taller as I installed leveling links and didn't want to lose height.

The Nankeng is the same size as the Nexen if I remember correctly. I think there's a couple more but these are what I looked at.

Thanks for the feedback. Just starting this thread offered other related threads that answered many questions about brands and sizes that I was unable to find in my search.

Just to confirm something a bit more sidecar specific; No one is mentioning wheel replacement or modification, can I assume everyone is still running the stock wheel/rim?

I know auto tire beads and mc tire beads are different. Does the added lateral stress of sidecar use vs a two-wheeler have any ill effects?

TIA

I'm not real knowledgeable on what you need. I recently went dark for the first time and only have a few hundred miles on it. I've never ridden with a sidecar so I'm completely lost there. As far as the wheel I've not heard of a replacement rear that would work, need the gurus on that one.