IGNORED

highway pegs

Have 2018 Star Venture. Has anyone tried to install highway pegs? Cant place on engine guard and not interfere with shifter or brake. Was looking at possibility of attaching to running boards. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The best setup most are going with are Kuryakyn “LongHorn” with ERGO II pads. They use a 1” clamp which DOES go around the lower bar by your fog lights and does not interfere with the light shroud, brakes or shifter. Super easy install.

The “LongHorns” will probably help cure that cuz you can rotate them forward or backward.

Speaking of short, Just curious have you had to make any short stops on your bike from say 30-35 Mph? I have a guestimate of 15 feet, would that be ample to stop those new bikes.. I am working on getting my credit up to get the new bike next year. At least that is a hope. if not one of the left over or used 2018 models. I really am fond of the gun metal and blue colors..

Speaking of short, Just curious have you had to make any short stops on your bike from say 30-35 Mph? I have a guestimate of 15 feet, would that be ample to stop those new bikes.. I am working on getting my credit up to get the new bike next year. At least that is a hope. if not one of the left over or used 2018 models. I really am fond of the gun metal and blue colors..

Hi there snyper316 ! My wife told me she ran into you on Facebook.

In answer to your question: The brakes on this bike are excellent! The unified ABS work flawlessly and then if you add front brake as well it’s intense AND you don’t need to worry about locking up the wheels either.

As far as “discount” in a SVTC, you’re going to find that there are a lot LESS SVTC bikes than there are Deluxe models available. The chances of you getting a “used” one are very slim because people who have them, love them and are going to have them a while. If you’re wanting the Transcontinental model (SVTC) your best bet if you can’t afford it right now is to wait for 2020 model. That one will have the blue, but I wouldn’t look for them to be cheaper. Yamaha is pulling sales for these bikes IN HOUSE meaning... the dealerships may have one for display and possibly test rides but you will NOT be able to purchase it off the floor. These bikes will be “built to order” by Yamaha. This is a smart move in there part since it will prevent loss from overstocked “sales” AND protect the value of the bike.

Just a final warning... if you’re thinking about possibly getting a Deluxe model and then ADDING the extras the SVTC has, DONT DO IT. Items added ie, CB, NAV, fog lights, rear speakers, dual audio zone are NOT covered by the 5year warranty.. only ONE year. The items have to be ON the bike at the time of purchase to be included in the 5 year plan.

I love this bike. It’s by far the most comfortable touring bike I’ve ever ridden, and I know you’ll love it too. Hope things go well for you and you’re able to achieve your dream!

Hi there snyper316 ! My wife told me she ran into you on Facebook.

In answer to your question: The brakes on this bike are excellent! The unified ABS work flawlessly and then if you add front brake as well it’s intense AND you don’t need to worry about locking up the wheels either.

As far as “discount” in a SVTC, you’re going to find that there are a lot LESS SVTC bikes than there are Deluxe models available. The chances of you getting a “used” one are very slim because people who have them, love them and are going to have them a while. If you’re wanting the Transcontinental model (SVTC) your best bet if you can’t afford it right now is to wait for 2020 model. That one will have the blue, but I wouldn’t look for them to be cheaper. Yamaha is pulling sales for these bikes IN HOUSE meaning... the dealerships may have one for display and possibly test rides but you will NOT be able to purchase it off the floor. These bikes will be “built to order” by Yamaha. This is a smart move in there part since it will prevent loss from overstocked “sales” AND protect the value of the bike.

Just a final warning... if you’re thinking about possibly getting a Deluxe model and then ADDING the extras the SVTC has, DONT DO IT. Items added ie, CB, NAV, fog lights, rear speakers, dual audio zone are NOT covered by the 5year warranty.. only ONE year. The items have to be ON the bike at the time of purchase to be included in the 5 year plan.

I love this bike. It’s by far the most comfortable touring bike I’ve ever ridden, and I know you’ll love it too. Hope things go well for you and you’re able to achieve your dream!

Well my mistake was hoping on vtwins and Harleys last year. I bought a little 650 Vstar and was shocked at the low end it has. Got a friend who has I think a 13 or 1700 might be wrong. All I know is *wholy crap* I have never messed with vtwins before. But I still love my big birtha bike to. Your right on that move there pulling to. The only other bike I'm looking at is a fat boy. I don't even know why I like the looks of it to be honest. I'm odd when it comes to bikes. I have passed on bikes simply because there tanks looked funny. Suzuki and Hondas mainly have funny looking tanks. [emoji12]

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

I agree that this bike is about the most comfortable I have ever ridden. I've never owned a bike that I didn't have to personalize a bit to make it perfect for me but this one required very little. The highway pegs, riders backrest, and handlebar risers just made it a dream to ride. I've added a handful of other things just for my personalization that include trunk rack, saddlebag lid guards, trailer hitch, tank bib, and cup holders but that's about it so far. Just not a lot available and not really much more that I want. I will likely add the Corbin passenger backrest and that will probably be about it.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to confirm, the 1" clamps fit the engine guard bar if I install the Kuryakyn “LongHorn” with ERGO II pads? When I measure the tube it looks like 1" to me but the Kuryakyn site and J&P Cycle site shows 1 1/4" clamps.

• 1 month later...
They are 1". Just looked up my order to be sure.

Hello, I'm a new Venture TC rider from Alberta. Did you get your highway pegs in black or chrome? I was hoping to find the longhorn in black but Kuryakyn only shows the chrome version in the 1" clamp size.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...