IGNORED

2011+ RSV with Ipod & Isimple Gateway

I am so mad I could spit....

My physical audio unit on my 2012 RSV works fine and so does the physical Ipod player. However, the unit/entire assembly, has been broken politically by APPLE destroying my capability to upgrade/change music on my Ipod by the latest version of Itunes software destroying my non-Macintosh computers bluetooth drivers.

An Ipod is provided with 2011+ RSV. To update the music on the Ipod you must always install the latest version of Itunes on whatever computer you have. APPLE hates to be compliant with anybody and will not let their bluetooth talk to Android or IBM or AMD or Intel any other bluetooth. As of the install of version 12 of ITUNES, that software displays a message saying something like, "Your bluetooth drivers are not compliant" and then proceeds to disable and get rid of them on your computer. (Yeah... I was justa punchin and a stabbin -OK- to all the legalese just to get it installed... MY FAULT.)

The NERVE...

The only way to get your bluetooth drivers back AFTER you update your Ipod, is to UN-Install Itunes and the 4 separate unlisted software packs it installs then do a SYSTEM RESTORE on your computer to revert to a time before you installed this version of Itunes.

This is a load of political crap that has doomed the 2011+ RSV Audio Unit to political oblivion because it is now very cantankerous to deal with. Yeah, the radio/cb/cassette still works fine. If you can live with the same 36 hours of music on your Ipod from now on... then I suppose that is okay as well.

itunes12.jpg

The only way out of this is if you have an old computer with no bluetooth, or one with bluetooth you don't use, to install itunes on, to update your Ipod. I wouldn't want to chance installing the "latest" version of Itunes again on a computer I am really using, for fear of what it may take out next time. It took an additional two hours this time from when I wanted to update my Ipod, to the finish of this mission with the required computer dancing I had to do this time to restore bluetooth function after Itunes destroyed it. Don't want to spend that kind of time again.

I think in the future I will do what the racer boys are doing. Just get a Cardo Packtalk.

https://www.cardosystems.com/products/devices/packtalk-bold/

As I already have a smart phone I could get turn by turn GPS, all the music I could eat, phone capability, talk with a bunch of folks at the same time, and not have to modify the bike one bit. It also has the new Mesh technology so as to be "tech-proof", or as tech proof as you can get these days. Oh yeah... it will bluetooth with anything...even APPLE.

Pretty sure I just plugged my (old) iPod to my computer and it saw it as external storage. Loaded music on it thru Windows File Manager and good to go.

I stopped using the iPod on my 2009 (I bought the iSimple separately) when I got my Garmin 660. I have a 64GB card in the Garmin with most of my music and just stream from there to the bike's audio system.

Pretty sure I just plugged my (old) iPod to my computer and it saw it as external storage. Loaded music on it thru Windows File Manager and good to go.

I stopped using the iPod on my 2009 (I bought the iSimple separately) when I got my Garmin 660. I have a 64GB card in the Garmin with most of my music and just stream from there to the bike's audio system.

Just tried a direct connect with no software. No go. Also, even if it did go, the Ipod don't play mp3's (which I do have locally) it only plays aac'c which Itunes converts your mp3's to before slapping it onto the ipod.

I usually change my playlist around once every 3 months or so, so I am good for a little while. I also have a dog computer I can un-mothball if I get desperate to have a playlist change. 36 hours of music is a lot and it takes me a while to go through it... a couple of times anyway.

This just ain't my day... check out following post this afternoon concerning Quicksilver oil & walmart.

I use an old I phone 4 as my player on my Victory. I have I tunes on my PC but have not done any music for a couple years. It does not have BT on it so I wonder if its going to foul things up.

I use an old I phone 4 as my player on my Victory. I have I tunes on my PC but have not done any music for a couple years. It does not have BT on it so I wonder if its going to foul things up.

"...couple years." Giggle.... What version is your Itunes?

If you wanted to update your music on your phone you will be forced to update Itunes on your computer(if you have an internet connection, it knows the date). With no BT on that computer I see no problems.

Sooo If I download the music to the hardrive, then disconnect from router I wonder if it will still upload music.

ok, your ethernet network, wireless or wired, to the router is unaffected by Itunes.

If you are trying to intentionally disconnect from the network so that Itunes can't talk to daddy there are other pointers available to it, to determine date.

Only BLUETOOTH is destroyed on the non-Macintosh computer. (non-Apple computer)

If you don't have BLUETOOTH on that computer then no worries.

You will be updating your Iphone by cable from USB to lightning30pin cable. USB drivers are unaffected by Itunes. (at least mine were unaffected)

Jump in and get the Itunes update since you have no BT to worry about.

Edited by Du-Rron

I have one of these Bluetooth adapters that I mounted Unser my faring. Then plugged it in to the audio input with an adapter. I also have an old iPhone 4 that I wiped clean and filled with music. Bluetooth works perfectly. I have several thousand songs and ride for a week and not repeat the same song.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192337924269

I have one of these Bluetooth adapters that I mounted Unser my faring. Then plugged it in to the audio input with an adapter. I also have an old iPhone 4 that I wiped clean and filled with music. Bluetooth works perfectly. I have several thousand songs and ride for a week and not repeat the same song.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192337924269

You had to use Itunes to load your Iphone right? When did you last do this and what version of Itunes was it? I did not have a problem till Itunes version 12.

I did similar to Rafterd using this one, it has the 3.5mm jack. I stream Pandora instead of downloading. You can jump it off the lighter plug so it turns on/off with the key.

Yeah yeah! I know we can provide a signal via the 3.5 jack... but... that is elimiinating the ipod player and Itunes. if I am going to drop anchor and abandon ship, I am really gonna drop anchor and abandon ship. Check out what you can do with a Cardo and your smartphone (and various other things bluetooth & mesh) by clicking the link in my 1st post.

You had to use Itunes to load your Iphone right? When did you last do this and what version of Itunes was it? I did not have a problem till Itunes version 12.

So what you’re saying is, once you update to iTunes 12, then load music, it will no longer communicate with my Bluetooth adapter??

what about the one on my car and pickup?? They’re Bluetooth also. I’m not taking a chance till I research this.

thank you for the heads up.

Bill

Just checked mine. My iTunes level is 12.8.2.3. I uploaded probably 2-3 weeks ago, and all mine still works. I looked on Google and it appears there are problems. Did you look here for a resolution? Did you un-pair the device then re-pair? I’ve had to do that. Don’t remember when, but once I did everything was fine.

https://appletoolbox.com/2018/09/bluetooth-problems-with-ios-12-how-to-fix/

Good luck.

Yeah yeah! I know we can provide a signal via the 3.5 jack... but... that is elimiinating the ipod player and Itunes. if I am going to drop anchor and abandon ship, I am really gonna drop anchor and abandon ship. Check out what you can do with a Cardo and your smartphone (and various other things bluetooth & mesh) by clicking the link in my 1st post.

I wasn't clear, it's a Bluetooth receiver plugged in under the fairing to the 3.5. I didn't want to have to deal with downloading so I use Pandora. It'll work with iPod also without any other equipment. I have a ram mount on the bars so I control from there. It's just a way to bypass isimple and software issues. One of many options. I'm a techno-phobe so I stay away from iTunes.

Ok, I haven’t used my Bluetooth in quite some time on my car, pickup, or my Venture, I have XM radio on all of them. I just went and checked, you are right not one of them work. BUT, I deleted them from my Bluetooth lineup on my iPhone, then repaired it to them and they work perfectly. Try that.

also a little research and you can use what is called iMazing to load music to any apple device, and it is drag and drop,

without using iTunes.

Ok... we went a little overboard here yall. The only bluetooth that is broken is on the non-Macintosh (IBM Compatible) computer, that ITunes is loaded on, so that I can then transfer music to the Ipod.

The bluetooth on the Ipod, and everything else still works.

I did not try any time consuming fixes to get my bluetooth back on my IBM computer. After updating the music on the Ipod, I just got rid of Itunes software v12 on the IBM Computer and did a System Restore. All is well now, I have an updated Ipod that will last me a while and no crippling software installed on my computer.

The Yamaha provided Ipod is the only APPLE piece of equipment I own. Unless Itunes fixes itself by the next time I want to change/install/add music to my Ipod, or I learn the new software Imazing (thanks for the heads up @Rafterd) I will have less reason to continue using the Yamaha provided Ipod.

Xm, Pandora, Bluetooth, Gps, Music, etc can be done by another politically painless method.

Thanks yall for all yalls help.

Just checked mine. My iTunes level is 12.8.2.3. I uploaded probably 2-3 weeks ago, and all mine still works. I looked on Google and it appears there are problems.

https://appletoolbox.com/2018/09/bluetooth-problems-with-ios-12-how-to-fix/

Good luck.

THanks for the help. I tried the website for a few minutes.

Oh they got more than that wrong with 12. And... I love it, "It is not a BUG... it is a Feature Change."

BT.jpg

• 3 months later...

also a little research and you can use what is called iMazing to load music to any apple device, and it is drag and drop,

without using iTunes.

Well... it was fun while it lasted.. Version 2.9.11 of Imazing is now crippleware. Yeah, I know I could go back to Itunes since it is free, but that is why stuff like Imazing was invented is because Itunes is such a pain in the *&$. But now, at least Itunes is a free pain in the *#$.

Imazing_Ad.jpg

I'm junking all this apple stuff and going to a Cardo...

What do you TC & Eluder guys use to transfer music/data? Does a TC or Eluder use a SD card? Or, Do you Android Bluetooth it or Apple Bluetooth it to the head unit from your phone/device?

Well... it was fun while it lasted.. Version 2.9.11 of Imazing is now crippleware. Yeah, I know I could go back to Itunes since it is free, but that is why stuff like Imazing was invented is because Itunes is such a pain in the *&$. But now, at least Itunes is a free pain in the *#$.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116604

I'm junking all this apple stuff and going to a Cardo...

What do you TC & Eluder guys use to transfer music/data? Does a TC or Eluder use a SD card? Or, Do you Android Bluetooth it or Apple Bluetooth it to the head unit from your phone/device?

And now they’re saying iTunes is going away??

On my TC, I normally use Bluetooth to stream music from Pandora or IHeart. Sometimes I use the USB connection and stream right from my iPhone storage. That also works with Bluetooth though.

Thanks! I saw "Iphone". Ya know you can't even get an Apple phone to bluetooth to anything Android, while an Android unit will talk Bluetooth to anything that will listen to it. Does the TC work with Android stuff?

And now they’re saying iTunes is going away??

How about that. After 9 years Apple is finally letting users insert an USB flash drive to move files back and forth and as of July IOS 13 Itunes will be dead.

Here is a snippit.

IOS13.jpg

Thanks! I saw "Iphone". Ya know you can't even get an Apple phone to bluetooth to anything Android, while an Android unit will talk Bluetooth to anything that will listen to it. Does the TC work with Android stuff?

Somebody else will have to answer that one. It's been many years since I've used anything other than iPhone. My iPhone's bluetooth connects easily to my SVTC, my Toyota Crewmax, my Dodge Caravan and my wife's Camaro. No issues at all.