IGNORED

2011+ RSV with Ipod & Isimple Gateway

Somebody else will have to answer that one. It's been many years since I've used anything other than iPhone. My iPhone's bluetooth connects easily to my SVTC, my Toyota Crewmax, my Dodge Caravan and my wife's Camaro. No issues at all.

Thanks for your reply. I think I may have confused some by asking if upper level devices talked inter-species while the answer given was that the upper level device talked to the end unit with no problems. My bad for failure to get that out more clearly.

Iphones don't talk to Androids without a 3rd party software shim. By the design of Apple to protect their $$$. Android will yak with anything by design of Open Source that Android is based upon.

a_to_i.jpg

But on END-UNITS like the TC, they are designed to Bluetooth with Apple or Android (sometimes better with one more than the other) and use a feature set of each that Yamaha programs into the Head unit. While I assume that at least the minimums of each Bluetooth protocol of Apple & Android are/is supported. Yamaha can add/remove feature sets of Apple/Android by software update of the Head Unit. I am kinda thinking the TC/Eluder is Apple CarPlay biased but have not read up enough yet on it to know.

On a separate subject... One of the reasons I like the Cardo's is they do it all and have the newest MESH Bluetooth package on top of full Android & (blech) Apple support. A step towards "future proofing"

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/