IGNORED

Vibration

daveyfadams

• 2 weeks later...
Have vibration under accell esp notice in 5th gear roll on. Motor is not bogged down and carbs have been synched,tires are new

Your profile does not say which model MKi 1200cc or MKII 1300cc?

There is a universal joint at the end of the drive shaft.I may be in poor condition? If you run it and if it is dry then you will need to replace it.

PS check the diff oil for level and best to drain and run a magnet through the oil check for metal bits.

Have vibration under accell esp notice in 5th gear roll on. Motor is not bogged down and carbs have been synched,tires are new

You said you notice it most in a 5th gear roll on, what speeds are you at when you start the roll on and how hard are you getting on it? The Royal Star models are geared so high in 5th that getting on the throttle hard, say to pull out and pass at 55 MPH in 5th will often cause them to vibrate and not accelerate like you would expect if you just came off a big twin bike or a Goldwing. In 5th gear even a mild roll on from low speeds will result in some vibration with out really lugging the motor down. When I had my 98 Tour Classic and my 07 Venture, and I wanted to pull out and pass on a two lane, I would always drop to 4th and maybe 3rd before I pulled out into the other lane. Otherwise if accelerating while in 5th it required a gentle hand on the throttle and a slow easy twist back on the grip.