IGNORED

Tourmaster Advanced Jacket review- nice jacket.

VentureFar

I'm looking for a similar jacket but of the opposite vein. I want a multi-layer mesh with solid rain protection that will keep me warm in the 40's but vent enough air to keep me cool in 90's. I like the idea of a jacket that has a rain layer that can be worn inside or outside the jacket...like having your own Froggs Toggs built-in.

The latest Sedici is nice and comes close but the vents don't look like they will help much nor does the mesh look breathable in the main area of the chest...it is a heavy built beast though.

@VentureFar if you come across something like this...please let me know.

Appreciate your reviews...

david

I'm looking for a similar jacket but of the opposite vein. I want a multi-layer mesh with solid rain protection that will keep me warm in the 40's but vent enough air to keep me cool in 90's. I like the idea of a jacket that has a rain layer that can be worn inside or outside the jacket...like having your own Froggs Toggs built-in.

The latest Sedici is nice and comes close but the vents don't look like they will help much nor does the mesh look breathable in the main area of the chest...it is a heavy built beast though.

@VentureFar if you come across something like this...please let me know.

Appreciate your reviews...

david

Yes

The Joe Rocket 4 jacket.

I did a review. I will look for it and post.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a Tourmaster Air jacket and pants set for many years and have always liked the fit and finish, especially for the price. My biggest hang-up with the jacket is that the wind/rain liner goes INSIDE the mesh jacket. While always warm and dry the jacket would get heavy in the rain, or it was a pain to take the liner in and out on the side of the road. I recently picked up a Tourmaster FLEX on closeout as Tourmaster discontinued that line. It looks very similar in design to the Joe Rocket jacket linked here. The outer shell is the wind/rain liner with zippered vents, you then zips off the shell for a 3/4 mesh jacket.

I always wore the pants with the internal wind/rain liner and did pants or shorts depending on the weather, so that part never bothered me much. I still have the 2nd thermal liner and have worn the suite into the single digits. Based on these experiences and the sub-$100 clearance price I bit on the FLEX jacket. I haven't had much time on the bike since the jacket came in at the beginning of December, so no real word input yet.

Another most AWESOME review by the best of the best as far as I am concerned my riding in the winter, southern California brother!! VERY WELL DONE!! :thumbsup:

It is AMAZING what biker jackets have come to! While I am an old school fellow who really likes leather, I can clearly see the advantage to one of these modern wonder of wonder's jackets, ESPECIALLY in the rain/cold! I LOVED the pictures too, all except for the one where you failed to smile (didnt mom teach you nothin Neal? You are suppose to :big-grin-emoticon: when your gettin your picture tooken :witch_brew::hihi:). Seriously though my brother, as always, VERY VERY WELL DONE!!:happy65:

Now,, how about sharing that new best friend neighbor of yours? I would even skip the clothes testing and go right for the bikes!! I LOVE that Honda:biker::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

Lucky lop eared getting to ride all those new bikes varmint!! :checkeredflag:

By the way,, keep an eye out in the Water Hole. I am in the process of doing a demo on how us not so fortunate lop eared's can keep our poor old worn out zippered leather jackets in use,,, the demo will be mostly for us less fortunate than that of yourself (not all of us are blest with a new best friend neighbor like you have :stickpoke:) but you can watch it too if you'ld like :witch_brew:

I've had a Tourmaster Air jacket and pants set for many years and have always liked the fit and finish, especially for the price. My biggest hang-up with the jacket is that the wind/rain liner goes INSIDE the mesh jacket. While always warm and dry the jacket would get heavy in the rain, or it was a pain to take the liner in and out on the side of the road. I recently picked up a Tourmaster FLEX on closeout as Tourmaster discontinued that line. It looks very similar in design to the Joe Rocket jacket linked here. The outer shell is the wind/rain liner with zippered vents, you then zips off the shell for a 3/4 mesh jacket.

I always wore the pants with the internal wind/rain liner and did pants or shorts depending on the weather, so that part never bothered me much. I still have the 2nd thermal liner and have worn the suite into the single digits. Based on these experiences and the sub-$100 clearance price I bit on the FLEX jacket. I haven't had much time on the bike since the jacket came in at the beginning of December, so no real word input yet.

You will not be disappointed. I've been using Mine for bout 10yrs. When heard that they were going to be discontinued I purchased another one. best jacket I've ever owned.

I've had Tourmasters and a First Gear Mesh.. I think that was the brand.... but the best jacket for the long haul is an Armored Textile Power Trip in black. When riding I wore it all year round no matter what the temp. It used to have a liner but that got misplaced long ago. Now when the temps drop I use a hoodie. Keeps me warm and toasty. Beside the liners are a PITA zipping in... During the summer heat the jacket has air flow zippers on the arms and down the back. Air will flow 'gently' thru and keep me cool even tho it's black. I did wear a mesh across Nevada once in 100+ temps, and I wicked moisture so fast I couldn't keep hydrated. Took three days to get back to normal. Can't recommend a mesh to anyone.... But that's just me and trying to use a little common sense...

I've had Tourmasters and a First Gear Mesh.. I think that was the brand.... but the best jacket for the long haul is an Armored Textile Power Trip in black. When riding I wore it all year round no matter what the temp. It used to have a liner but that got misplaced long ago. Now when the temps drop I use a hoodie. Keeps me warm and toasty. Beside the liners are a PITA zipping in... During the summer heat the jacket has air flow zippers on the arms and down the back. Air will flow 'gently' thru and keep me cool even tho it's black. I did wear a mesh across Nevada once in 100+ temps, and I wicked moisture so fast I couldn't keep hydrated. Took three days to get back to normal. Can't recommend a mesh to anyone.... But that's just me and trying to use a little common sense...

Not me brother, I prefer riden necked when I am out there in that dry heat:biker::biker::biker:

Can't believe I said necked with it being -25 wind chill right now :cold:,, must been the cabin fever thats been goin around finally caught up with me :detective:DSCN2343.JPG

You will not be disappointed. I've been using Mine for bout 10yrs. When heard that they were going to be discontinued I purchased another one. best jacket I've ever owned.

My AIR jacket was purchased off Craigslist for $35 used and I've had it over 10yrs now...that alone was the reason for buying the FLEX 3 when it showed up on close-out for $89 new. One of my new riding buddies asked me about buying a full suite like my matched AIR pants and jacket. Found him a used FLEX pant and jacket off eBay for $55.

Not me brother, I prefer riden necked when I am out there in that dry heat:biker::biker::biker:

Can't believe I said necked with it being -25 wind chill right now :cold:,, must been the cabin fever thats been goin around finally caught up with me :detective:

Main Street Sturgis!!.... :15_8_211[1]::15_9_28[1]: