IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

I hear ya brother!!! Story behind the camera with a good case of the blurries,,,,, it's my biken camera - one of those puppies that has been dropped numerous times but has been the King of Survival while out CTFW so I have no problem carrying it off on manuvers with us.. Tip and I had been out in the swamp lands behind the Dunes of Muskegon State Park looking for a buried Army Tank with the sniffers - perferably a Sherman if we could find one.. At the bottom of hill was a fairly good sized mud hole that caught me as I slid down the hill. The Camera was in my right pocket which just happened to be the same side of my body I had slid on so it broke my slide and went face first into the mud hole. It's dried out now, still works fine but was obviously not totally dried out when I took that vid... Oh well,, I figured even a mud blurry video was better than no video :hihi::witch_brew::stickpoke::backinmyday:

Maybe you'll find a German tank, there are a lot of folks up there from that part of Europe. Man that would put you way up on anyone else in the US.:banana:

:farmer:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe you'll find a German tank, there are a lot of folks up there from that part of Europe. Man that would put you way up on anyone else in the US.:banana:

Yeaa,, a REAL Tiger!!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

If I did I would clean it up and then paint "We won so I got to keep this baby"!!! :missingtooth:

The local huge firearm dealer in our area (Hyatt Guns) listed an early Tula Armory SKS Black Bayonet. Now I have owned an SKS in the past and they are not IMHO accurate out very far. This is a sniper rifle by what I can decipher. Has a 10 round 7.62x39 internal magazine (read stripper clip), a 1000 meter elevation rear sight, and a black folding bayonet. All for the low price of $1.00 per meter of elevation sight.:mo money: I am sure some would like this for a collection, but I'll keep my AK 47 that shoots straight, but not 1000 meters. Still trying to figure out the bayonet. :think::think::think:

Maybe Fool would be interested since he has a bunch of ammo for it.:bang head:

My SKS also came with a 1000 meter sight, It may be able to lob a bullet that far, but I would be surprised if you could hit the broad side of a barn literally. and if it did hit the barn, there would not be much energy left in the bullet. Kind of like my 22LR will only make dents in a cardboard box at 300 yards.

My SKS also came with a 1000 meter sight, It may be able to lob a bullet that far, but I would be surprised if you could hit the broad side of a barn literally. and if it did hit the barn, there would not be much energy left in the bullet. Kind of like my 22LR will only make dents in a cardboard box at 300 yards.

That's why I moved up to the .22magnum. Great coyote bullet.

The local huge firearm dealer in our area (Hyatt Guns) listed an early Tula Armory SKS Black Bayonet. Now I have owned an SKS in the past and they are not IMHO accurate out very far. This is a sniper rifle by what I can decipher. Has a 10 round 7.62x39 internal magazine (read stripper clip), a 1000 meter elevation rear sight, and a black folding bayonet. All for the low price of $1.00 per meter of elevation sight.:mo money: I am sure some would like this for a collection, but I'll keep my AK 47 that shoots straight, but not 1000 meters. Still trying to figure out the bayonet. :think::think::think:

Maybe Fool would be interested since he has a bunch of ammo for it.:bang head:

I have numerous SKS's, all bought during the old days of 85 dollar imports, and all of them came with the 1000 meter sights. Unfortunately none of mine were even close to being accurate within even a 12 inches at ranges over 100 yards.. Actually my 1911 is a far more accurate shooter than any of the SKS's I owned. I did have a Russian made Kalashnikov 762x39 AK that was a lot better shooter but I sold that at a Gun Show by hangin it over my shoulder and walking around playing with vendor's pistols with a cardboard "for sale" sign hanging out of it's barrel and tripled my money on it so it is longggggggg gone like a thousand hot dogs at a Puc Meet - Greet and Eat Meat outing.. Personally, I wouldnt put a lot of faith in judging a shooters accuracy by the type of sights on the receiver - IMHO, that would be like judging how fast a bike is by looking at the speedometer and seeing how high it reads:hurts:.

Check this out you guys!! I just scarfed up 1000 rounds of 556 tracer's.. I purpose built my AR15 with the 1:7 twist so it matches the Military twist specifically built for keeping the heavier weight steel cored ammo mixed with a tad of tracers. Much to my surprise (and Tippy's too) instead of coming in plastic bags like my bulk 45 ammo comes in, it came in this AWESOME genuine U.S. Army issued Ammo Can still with it's original Army markings = DEFINITELY MAN CAVE MATERIAL BROTHERS!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

DSCN8242.JPG

DSCN8240.JPG

DSCN8238.JPG

DSCN8237.JPG

DSCN8236.JPG

Sure didn't surprise me any. I have seen what it will do to a coyote through a rifle barrel. Now I don't shoot hollow points at game/prdator but I use soft points and they leave a large wound cavity. I routinely carry a Ruger SR22 with soft points and 10 rnd mag. and I feel very safe and secure. And at close range it will do the job without question. I am in the hunt for a .22 mag. pistol though.

I've owned a few 22 mags in my day. One that I wish I had kept was a Winchester 22 mag lever action. I may find one and replace it at some point. The only one I have now is a Ruger Single Six with changeable 22 and 22 mag cylinders. Love this gun but wouldn't mind adding a semi-auto to the collection at some point.

Not a lot of semi auto pistols available, and many of what are available are not worth owning. Now the Henry rifle offers a solid value to the lever action and they offer a pump action also in .22 mag. My rifle is a Marlin bolt action set up for night hunting. It is very adequate for the job. I have a neighbor who has over $7000.00 in his .223 rifle with everything including suppressor. Just not my cup of tea. :whistling:

I really like the 22 mag shooter the guy in the vid was shooting. I could own one of those and have a lot of fun with it. I have been keeping a close eye on the Savage .17 hmr semi-auto too. I know Ruger took a shot building a .17 hmr on their 10/22 platform a while back and couldn't get it to work but I am hearing good things on the Savage A17. I keep waiting for that one to drop below 250 bucks and then I will probably grab one to add to the chaos in my Gun Room :big-grin-emoticon:..

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798193982

I like the one in the video also but don't like some of the comments that I read about it. Almost everybody agrees that it is picky about what ammo you feed it. Apparently 40 grain is the magic number and even states that in the owners manual. Feed problems are being reporting with anything lighter and even anything heavier. I hate it when a firearm is so picky about the ammo.

Yes Kel-Tec is considered a cheap firearm and not worth buying. The PMR30 gets the same negativity as all the other models. There isn't much to choose from other than belly guns. My dealer, Hyatt Guns, won't stock Kel-Tec. That says something about their quality to me.:doh::think::no-no-no:

I've owned a few 22 mags in my day. One that I wish I had kept was a Winchester 22 mag lever action. I may find one and replace it at some point. The only one I have now is a Ruger Single Six with changeable 22 and 22 mag cylinders. Love this gun but wouldn't mind adding a semi-auto to the collection at some point.

I always loved that interchangeable Single Six too Boss, thought they were the coolest little shooter. I grabbed a new Ruger MK1 back then as my disposable $$'s were kind of short back in the 70's when I was lookin for 22 pistol for rabbit hunting but almost took the plunge on the Single Six instead.. Dont know if you guys remember the store called "Western Auto"? Back in that same time period, Western Auto sold a "clone" to the Ruger,, same deal with interchangable cylinders except about half the price.. That one really had me :scratchchin: too but,, the no xtra cash got in its way too... Thinkin I shoulda been born to rich family,, I would made a great spoiled rich kid :rotf:

Got my Gander Mountain care package today, WOOHOO. 2000 of Remington's cheapest .22 LR. Life is great.:banana::guitarist 2::cool10::sun::essen_024::beer::bowdown:

OUTSTANDING!!! :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:Thinking we are real blood brothers here or something Sly cause our minds are definitely on the same path!!

:scratchchin:,, rethinking that,,, maybe not cause I very seldom forget The Code,, section 4, title 9, paragraph 27:

:worthless::big-grin-emoticon:

Let me show what I mean:

and let the FUN begin!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN8256.JPGDSCN8254.JPG

I always loved that interchangeable Single Six too Boss, thought they were the coolest little shooter. I grabbed a new Ruger MK1 back then as my disposable $$'s were kind of short back in the 70's when I was lookin for 22 pistol for rabbit hunting but almost took the plunge on the Single Six instead.. Dont know if you guys remember the store called "Western Auto"? Back in that same time period, Western Auto sold a "clone" to the Ruger,, same deal with interchangable cylinders except about half the price.. That one really had me :scratchchin: too but,, the no xtra cash got in its way too... Thinkin I shoulda been born to rich family,, I would made a great spoiled rich kid :rotf:

Didn't even know that Western Auto was in these parts. Back in the day, it seems that every town in Texas with more that a dozen people had a Western Auto store. My first bicycle came from there. It was almost like a mini Walmart in that you could buy most anything except groceries. Loved that store.

OUTSTANDING!!! :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:Thinking we are real blood brothers here or something Sly cause our minds are definitely on the same path!!

:scratchchin:,, rethinking that,,, maybe not cause I very seldom forget The Code,, section 4, title 9, paragraph 27:

:worthless::big-grin-emoticon:

Let me show what I mean:

and let the FUN begin!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115872https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115873

Now come on Puc, you know I can't get any pictures to stick to posts on VR. I believe you are out to get me. Think I will print a dossier to show you colluded with Fool to send snow to North Carolina.

Now come on Puc, you know I can't get any pictures to stick to posts on VR. I believe you are out to get me. Think I will print a dossier to show you colluded with Fool to send snow to North Carolina.

Ahhh come on now Sly,,, you know that Fool and I would never collude to do such a thing, matter fact and not to obstruct and form of justice you may be looking for if we did do such a thing, try and think back and remember that it was I who openly offered to, and did in fact do, compile :photographing:'s you sent me via email just for you!! Do I need to dig up those emails as proof? Hold on,, I think I can find them :big-grin-emoticon:

Just shut up, Puc. I don't need reminding of things I forgot, again and again. I would send pics to you but I dumped the cartridges into a 2 lb. bucket since they came loose. And I know you are familiar with the Remington Thunderbolt.

Be safe my friend.

Just shut up, Puc. I don't need reminding of things I forgot, again and again. I would send pics to you but I dumped the cartridges into a 2 lb. bucket since they came loose. And I know you are familiar with the Remington Thunderbolt.

Be safe my friend.

Alls good brother,,, I think Fool Wisconsin White Washed those emails anyway cause I cant find em :rotfl:.. Ok,, I'll shut up,, just know that I still love ya brother :guitarist 2::banana:

I did run across at least one more option for an automatic .22 mag. Reviews are mixed but not bad overall. Prices seem to run in the $550.00 range. I don't think I'll be buying one. I'll just stick with my trusty Ruger 6 shooter. :)

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/review-rock-island-armory-xt-22-magnum/247832

A 1911 high capacity 22 mag = WAYYYY COOL!! Little pricey for my blood but still = I LOVE IT!!:thumbsup: