IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

I already stuck these pics and the short demo vid in another thread but I think this loader is SOOOO COOL,, I just had to stick it in here too. We have been shooting the 22lr AR15 some and the only downside so far is how difficult it can be for the ol Dupentren invested fingers to reload those 25 rd mags.. Our Mcfadden mag loader came in today,, I am sooo excited I could eat a gallon of ice cream!! Check this out:

DSCN8038.JPGDSCN8039.JPG

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that's slicker than snot on a brass door knob.... Wadda they cost?? That will be the deciding factor on whether I'll be another proud owner... :-) :mo money:

More question:

Will it work with your 100 rnd drum?

Will it work with 10 rnd mags like MK III or 22/45?

How about with SR 22 10 rnd mags?

How much? see Condor's post

Need to spend mo money.:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:This retirement is going to hurt me.:2cents::backinmyday::2cents::backinmyday:

:farmer:

McFadden also makes a loader for Ruger called "the ultimate clip loader". Pretty slick.

Shipped to my door with the adapter for my AR15 CMMG 22lr conversion mags (of which I got 3 25 rounders in the "kit" that all carry a full life time warranty) it was 40 bucks = definitely affordable and DEFINITELY useful! As shown in the link to Mcfaden found here:

https://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Lightnin-Grip-Loader-s/1828.htm

and scroll down the list of adapters, they do have adapters for the Ruger 10/22 mags as well as the SR22 - and many others. Ya just gotta read down the list carefully. Any questions you can always email or call them. I have a Ruger MK1 that I bought brand new in the early 70's for 75 bucks that I have shot thousands of rounds thru (always carried it hunting with me for those longgg boring days when nothing but chasing a couple hundred rounds out the barrel shooting at pine cones and such would break the boredom) that I wish they would have had an adapter for. I think I have a permanent indent in my thumb from holding that little button down on the 10rd mag(s) of that one..:big-grin-emoticon:

Definitely NOT made for the 556 100 round drum! The REALLY cool thing about that drum is that it came with a speed loader all of its own = came in the bag with the dual drum. Just slips over the part of the drum that slips into the mag well on the lower receiver, dump in a few rounds (make sure they are pointing in the right direction) and push down.. WORKS AWESOME!!:missingtooth:

Speaking of talkin shootin irons in a Bike Club's meetin place (and seems how this is a thread that I started so I dont have to worry about ending up back on probation for :hijacked: another thread),,, here is a short video of having fun combining the two greatest sports/hobbies known to man:sign Rock On:... Most fantastic camp ground I ever did find and FREE souveniers for the Grandsons!!!!:sign20:

Ordered the ultimate clip loader and two Mec-Gear mags for Ruger MK III on Ebay with free shipping. Happy boy now.:dancefool::dancefool:

WAYYYY COOL ON YA SLY!!!!:thumbsup::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:y

One of the HUGE problems with my MK1 Standard is the magazine, as sure as there are a couple of hair missing on top of my head, I pretty much gotta stick with Ruger 9 rounder's. I should have up graded to a shooter like yours Sly a long time ago.. Does yours have an adjustable rear sight on it? Is it Bull Barreled? And last but not least,, are those mags you just ordered larger than 9 round (dont know if there is such a thing even for yours?).

Bottom line though = CONGRATS ON THE FIND!!:dancefool:

And, as always, you are more than welcome on me doing my part to help my brother spend it :mo money:,,, :Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny:

WAYYYY COOL ON YA SLY!!!!:thumbsup::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:y

One of the HUGE problems with my MK1 Standard is the magazine, as sure as there are a couple of hair missing on top of my head, I pretty much gotta stick with Ruger 9 rounder's. I should have up graded to a shooter like yours Sly a long time ago.. Does yours have an adjustable rear sight on it? Is it Bull Barreled? And last but not least,, are those mags you just ordered larger than 9 round (dont know if there is such a thing even for yours?).

Bottom line though = CONGRATS ON THE FIND!!:dancefool:

And, as always, you are more than welcome on me doing my part to help my brother spend it :mo money:,,, :Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny::Bunny:

Yes they are 10 rnd and adjustable sights plus a rail mount system and bull barrel. I have a red/green dot sight for it, but need to tune it.:thumbsup2:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, THAT is GORGEOUS Jack!! We talkin 7.62x51? What caliber? DEFINITELY got that longggggg range shooter attitude about it!!:thumbsup:

Hah!! Fooled ya..huh?? Believe it or not that thing is a 177 pellet break barrel. 1400fps,and it takes a 900lb gorilla to cock it. And weighs in at around 9lbs. The barrel comes fluted with the silencer. I picked the thing up in a local auction and when I got it home and opened the box the bi-pod and scope were missing. You know what they say about assume?? :-) Anyway the scope doesn't bother me, I have several Brunton 3-9x40 sitting on the shelf that I stoled off eBay years ago that I'm sure will be much better than the one that came with it. Rings on eBay are 12 bucks shipped from the US. I'll have to contact Winchester to see if they have a set of pods?? And the thing actually has some recoil. More than most 22's I've ever shot over the years. The only reason I bid on it was because of the Ruger Air Rifle I picked up last year, and this one came from a major also.... It's the collector in me....:whistling:

A lot of the break action air rifles need a special scope because the recoil is actually backwards. It is not the recoil of the pellet leaving but of the piston traveling forward and hitting the end of its travel. This backwards recoil will tear apart even the good rifle scopes.

A lot of the break action air rifles need a special scope because the recoil is actually backwards. It is not the recoil of the pellet leaving but of the piston traveling forward and hitting the end of its travel. This backwards recoil will tear apart even the good rifle scopes.

Never heard of that, and I've never seen a listing of a scope for sale that is 'specially made to work on a break barrel. All I know is that when you pull the trigger on this one the gun moves to the rear like all the 'real' guns do. Maybe you should think about it as the mass of the piston causes the lighter action/barrel to move in the opposite direction which in this case is toward the stern m8ty... I guess another way to think about it for every action there's an opposite and equal reaction... As far as the scope I don't think any movement one way or the other is going to effect the internals of a quality made scope....

Picked up my R1 1911 this morning. Novak rear adjustable and Novak front tritium. Steve did a great job and therefore I am pleased. I supplied the sights ($60.00 ea plus tax and shipping) and Steve cut the dovetails and installed sights for $135.00. I will bench sight it and decide later whether install match grade barrel (probably will).

Now if someone would tell me how to post pictures from my Iphone I would do so.

Never heard of that, and I've never seen a listing of a scope for sale that is 'specially made to work on a break barrel. All I know is that when you pull the trigger on this one the gun moves to the rear like all the 'real' guns do. Maybe you should think about it as the mass of the piston causes the lighter action/barrel to move in the opposite direction which in this case is toward the stern m8ty... I guess another way to think about it for every action there's an opposite and equal reaction... As far as the scope I don't think any movement one way or the other is going to effect the internals of a quality made scope....

I found this out when I sent a broken scope back to Leopold. First thing they asked after examining the scope was "Was this on an air rifle" They then explained to me that air rifles create a backwards vibration and the lenses of a rifle scope are not mounted to handle both directions. Leopold does make airgun specific scopes to handle the double recoil in both directions. There are a lot of modern scopes that also will work fine on either rifle or airgun.

I found this out when I sent a broken scope back to Leopold. First thing they asked after examining the scope was "Was this on an air rifle" They then explained to me that air rifles create a backwards vibration and the lenses of a rifle scope are not mounted to handle both directions. Leopold does make airgun specific scopes to handle the double recoil in both directions. There are a lot of modern scopes that also will work fine on either rifle or airgun.

I fooled (no pun intended,,, :scratchchin: take that back,,, ALL pun's intended :rasberry:) around with pellet guns and real ones and mixing hardware for em up for years and gotta say,, what you and Leopold are saying here is SPOT ON!! I always thought it was ironic that a little 500 fps break open pellet gun could send the cross hairs of a scope that was mounted on my 22-250 to the bottom of the retical.. Never made sense but I can verify, it can and does happen..... POOF :(

Another point on the "kick" of a BB gun. When I was young Puc and proud that I could handle the punch of my Dad's 12 gauge, the thought occurred to my overly curious brain as to whether or not my sissy lil Crosman 760 had any form of punch to it.. Curiousity got the best of me so after pumpin er up with 10 pumps, I stuck the shooter against my upper lip and pulled the trigger (good thing it wasnt a Spring Air,, probably woulda knocked out my front teeth). Walking around elementry school with great big swollen fat lip for a couple weeks wasn't that bad,,, all my buddies thought I had gotten into a fit with a guy 2 years older than I,,,, wonder where they got that idea :happy34:

Adoption is sooo wonderful!!

Our AR15's big brother is coming to live us VERY soon. By the pictures, the 556 and the '08 actually kinda look like twins, I am told though the pipe where the lead and smoke comes out is a little bigger on 556's big brother :witch_brew::hihi:

Here is quick pic of the feller:

pix554266913.jpg

I fooled (no pun intended,,, :scratchchin: take that back,,, ALL pun's intended :rasberry:) around with pellet guns and real ones and mixing hardware for em up for years and gotta say,, what you and Leopold are saying here is SPOT ON!! I always thought it was ironic that a little 500 fps break open pellet gun could send the cross hairs of a scope that was mounted on my 22-250 to the bottom of the retical.. Never made sense but I can verify, it can and does happen..... POOF :(

Another point on the "kick" of a BB gun. When I was young Puc and proud that I could handle the punch of my Dad's 12 gauge, the thought occurred to my overly curious brain as to whether or not my sissy lil Crosman 760 had any form of punch to it.. Curiousity got the best of me so after pumpin er up with 10 pumps, I stuck the shooter against my upper lip and pulled the trigger (good thing it wasnt a Spring Air,, probably woulda knocked out my front teeth). Walking around elementry school with great big swollen fat lip for a couple weeks wasn't that bad,,, all my buddies thought I had gotten into a fit with a guy 2 years older than I,,,, wonder where they got that idea :happy34:

I still don't believe it..... :whistling: :icon_lurker:

OK, I found this... https://www.airgundepot.com/air-rifle-scopes-overview.html It's a nice write up, but..... it still doesn't address what they do to make break barrel air-gun scopes resistant to this 'viabration'..., and sell them for pennys in comparison to rifle scopes... In my feeble brain it keeps thinking that because of the special construction of a Break-Air specialty scope they would actually cost more... not less. :think:

Edited by Condor

I still don't believe it..... :whistling: :icon_lurker:

Well,,,,, take that new shooter you got that you fooled me into thinking it was firearm, snap the barrel open till it cocks, put shoulder pad on its stock against your lip and pull the trigger.. Tellin ya brother,,, the results will DEFINITELY make a believer out of you :big-grin-emoticon:

Of course,, WE WILL NEED :photographing:'s of the ol stiff upper lip three days after you do so :223:

Google is our friend:

An air rifle scope is special because it can withstand the unique vibration and double recoil of an air rifle. NEVER PUT A FIREARM SCOPE ON AN AIR RIFLE. Now, the reason people enjoy having scopes on their air rifles is because it will help you achieve the pinpoint accuracy that air rifles are known for. So, let’s take a look at the two different kinds of scopes starting with fixed air rifle scopes.

https://www.airgundepot.com/air-rifle-scopes-overview.html

Google is our friend:

An air rifle scope is special because it can withstand the unique vibration and double recoil of an air rifle. NEVER PUT A FIREARM SCOPE ON AN AIR RIFLE. Now, the reason people enjoy having scopes on their air rifles is because it will help you achieve the pinpoint accuracy that air rifles are known for. So, let’s take a look at the two different kinds of scopes starting with fixed air rifle scopes.

https://www.airgundepot.com/air-rifle-scopes-overview.html

Yeah, but what do they do to the scope to make it vibration proof and sell for less than a center fire rifle????? Curious mind wants to know.... I should have been born in Missouri.. Show ME....

OK I just got of the phone with Leupold and the tech stated that their rifle scopes will work on an air-gun. He couldn't vouch for other manufactures, but their's will.... And this is a fairly new phenomena with the newer high powered pellets. Certain brands of hi-power air rifles are really bad on scopes, but some more than others. I asked about viabration or harmonics and he said it had to do with the rebound of the piston against the air cushion of the chamber. The piston when fired form a high psi at the end of travel and not all the compressed air makes it out of the chamber and the piston 'bounces' back and then forward as the remainder of the air escapes. This keeps the piston from slamming into the end of the chamber. All this happens in a nano-second. So I would think that any high end scope would work on a break-rifle. El Cheapos, not so much... My 2¢

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115572I went to the Ocala shooting range in Fl I brought my 2 45's,2 9mm's a 40 S&W that puc told me to tinker with and I did and fixed it and my Ruger Ar 556 and had a blast now I need to buy more ammo...I just need to figure out how to rotate the pic..

Here ya brother.. I took liberty to save it, pull it into Paint, rotate it and resize it. I think this will work....

BEAUTIFUL pic Tuffy!! Now the question is what are ya shootin out of your AR? Its still wayyyyyy to cold here for this geezer to toss lead but I got a BUNCH of test ammo for mine I gotta run thru. You shootin Steel?

Glad you got your 40 running on all 4 again.. Aint nuthin worse than havin a sick shooter,,, welll,, maybe a 1st Gen that dont wanna come up on 4 so those Gen 2's have a chance.... :big-grin-emoticon:

:scratchchin:,,, 2 1911's :think:,,,, oh,, I get it,,,, one for each hand :happy65:...:178:Ocala.jpg