IGNORED

Conversation about valve adjustments

Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut.....

Valve clearance should be zero to 0.0016 maximum. Premise is to set both to get as close to zero as possible letting hydraulic lifter do the compensating. Do not need feeler gauge at all. Touch down adjuster lightly without raising clearance on other valve. Tighten locknut.

Well:):)

And all grown up to:) a Senior now too or was he always?

I wasn't sure his leaving was a good move? But I guess here he would have been just one of us guys, hiding our age.

For clarity and in case anyone was wondering, post 7 clears up post 6, that's zero or close enough!

Well:):)

And all grown up to:) a Senior now too or was he always?

I wasn't sure his leaving was a good move? But I guess here he would have been just one of us guys, hiding our age.

For clarity and in case anyone was wondering, post 7 clears up post 6, that's zero or close enough!

I think we went back and forth on this a lot so I dunno why he just recently posted the video. Thought we had it all wrapped up on 5-20-18

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?136259-It-pays-to-purchase-the-already-printed-Service-Manaul&p=1037737#post1037737

starting around post 17.

Oh yeah... and you know me... I couldn't resist... I made the same comment on his Youtube video.

Just tryin to help

I think we went back and forth on this a lot so I dunno why he just recently posted the video. Thought we had it all wrapped up on 5-20-18

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?136259-It-pays-to-purchase-the-already-printed-Service-Manaul&p=1037737#post1037737

starting around post 17.

Oh yeah... and you know me... I couldn't resist... I made the same comment on his Youtube video.

Just tryin to help

Post 6 as well was an important note to make.

Reflecting back there appeared to be a feeding connection between two of the posters, I may be wrong?

If American has the knowledge claimed then why did he miss correcting the thread after the edits to post one?

That said I can and have looked past bad threads; post often enough it's bound to happen. For myself tho I cannot look past his behavior after another thread went say sideways!

A Senior badge may get him some newbie following but for me, reading his ego will always require consuming a salt tablet.

I haven't seen his video (s)

Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut.....

Valve clearance should be zero to 0.0016 maximum. Premise is to set both to get as close to zero as possible letting hydraulic lifter do the compensating. Do not need feeler gauge at all. Touch down adjuster lightly without raising clearance on other valve. Tighten locknut.

I really hate to do this and you have no idea how much it “pains” me BUT I have to agree with you.

I really hate to do this and you have no idea how much it “pains” me BUT I have to agree with you.

Awwww gosh darn it... It should not pain you at all, to agree with me... that I can't keep my mouth shut.

:dancefool::clap2::dancefool::clap2::dancefool::clap2::dancefool::mo money::mo money::mo money:

Happy Trails

Du-Rron

Sorry guys, I didn't realize there was some issues here with the gentleman who posted the thread I referred you all to.

Either I missed it or forgot (latter probably true !!)

I thought I was just posting a thing on the valves and such....arrgghh.

No sweat at all.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: