IGNORED

Stain the Seat Time

BlueSky

Had that happen one time.....

Me and a buddy on a way out straight back road, me on a RSTD him on a Valkyrie.

For fun, I goosed it, ran it up to 110 and sustained. He pulled up behind me like,,, what?

With a turn in the horizon, I fully let off the gas. I got that same thing,, full wobble. After a couple seconds of it, I throttled up to catch my speed and then slowed more gradual.

That saved it.

I posted on here,, that was many years ago. One of you said what was probably the right answer. I took the load off the front tire too quick.

I did have a larger than stock Clearview windshield. That probably held the front down till I let off all throttle. And then.... no down force.

I learned. I'm older and wiser.

• 1 month later...

I usually pass on those videos but because it was mentioned he didn't go down....

Something that strikes me about some riders and this guy showed it is, why take your feet off the pegs? Squeeze man don't open up.

After Ajay had his wipe out we talked about it in some detail, he mentioned as he hellicoptered thru the air his thoughts were to just give up.

Now that is a tough note to swallow for a father. I told him what it was like for me in my big one but that I never gave up.

There was a video at the time floating around the net of a track racer riding his bike like a surfboard off the track to the barrier. Yes he broke his ankle but he fought through and bones mend.

When I wrote last year about SK and my trip I spoke of the heat, I might of mentioned that at one point we discussed stripping off our leathers? This was a very serious conversation for me as it goes against my rules. He and I both know road rash well but he forgets where as I remember.

I am glad for this inexperienced rider not going down and saving his family from such.... as well as the fool behind him who started the fools run.

If your doing 130 with others cars on the road, you get what you deserve.

Too bad he didn't go down I say!!

I wouldn't wish the dirt nap on him, but had he lost a little skin and gained some experience and better judgement then I suppose that would count as a win, especially for him. Your right, he bargained for whatever might have happened there. I'm just glad he was there to make sure motorists continue to loathe us :happy34:.

I would not have stained the seat, I think there would have been a pucker-sized chunk missing if that were me.

I'm not condoning what they did especially running like that in traffic. But when you are young and full of testosterone, you do stupid dangerous things. Or at least I did. Think back guys. What stupid stuff did you do?

Do you REALLY expect us to go there Sky :crackup:.. Well,, ok,, if I must,, after all, once upon a time, in a galaxy farrrr away, we were all youngens.

• 3 months later...