IGNORED

What do you guys think of this Stator?

I've gotta replace the starter clutch this winter and I'm thinking of going with Dano's upgrade, it'll be a little pricey but definitely worth the money. I would have liked to go with the high output stator at 45 amps, but its 270 bucks and I found this one for a hundred. There's nothing wrong with my Stator that I know of, but being that I'll have it out and its 30 years old, I'd feel a little safer going with a new one!

https://www.rmstator.com/en_ww/products/generator-stator-for-yamaha-1983-2007-venture-royal-1200-1300-venture-1200-1300-v-max-1200-rm01051

What do you guys think?

I can't talk about the stator you found but I installed a high output stator from Rick's Motorsports on my 90 and 89 VR's. I used the one on the 90 for 3 years before I got the 89 and have used the 89 for about 4 years. It is still giving me almost 14 volts at 950 RPM. Not a long time but still a good indication.

The HO is supposed to be 20 percent more output than stock and is $158.

While the HO stators do give more power, they also do not last as long as the stock one. That extra power creates more heat, heat is what takes them out.

I went the other route, I reduced the electrical load until the stock stator was giving 14V at 900RPM.

If you are interested, I do have a new Ricks HO stator and HO RR.

I'm planning on going the combo route with the power on my bike. I'm putting new beefier positive and negative leads on the battery, switching the tail, brake and turn signals to those plug and play LED bulbs, and adding at least a new stator, if not a high output one.

My goal is to be able to run a heated jacket and heated socks, because the only parts on me that ever get cold are my lower legs between my pants and my shoes (dont ride with boots, probably never will, always prefered to ride with sneakers) and my back. So I'd only ever use higher outputs maybe once a year if I get caught on a cold day in the mountains. Does the higher output stator always put out more power, or only when there is a draw for more power?