IGNORED

I Sure Would Appreciate Your Prayers!

Wow Bob You Sure like to keep us on our toes with one issue after another. To be honest Id rather stay off my toes specially were good folks like yourself are concerned. I am sorry you have another issue to deal with. Well I have sent prayers on your behalf from the heart and wish for you a strong recovery.

BTW I have only spent fleeting moments on the site recently and Had I not gone for lunch with Wayne today I probably still would not have known what was going on with you so take care of yourself hope to see you soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Wednesday I was diagnosed with Leukemia, but it is a curable or at least controllable form of the disease. I am taking pills which are a form of mild chemotherapy. I also have some issues with my lungs that they are looking at this week.

It hasn't got me down yet, but I also have to realize I'm no spring chicken either. There are several people around me that count on me for many things so I'm not ready to die yet!

So I will appreciate all the prayers I can get!

NO NO DIEING YET! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT.{ FIRST PRAYERS UP.} THEN WE HAVE TO ASK COWPUC AND HE's GOING TO SAY NO BONGOBOBNY :You_Rock_Emoticon::sign Rock On::parrots::fingers-crossed-emo

GOT THAT RIGHT DREWS!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The word - HATE is normally not part of my vocabulary but I gotta say,,, I HATE CANCER!!! On the other hand,, I LOVE my friend and brother Bongo and promise,, Tip and I will be joining everyone else in lifting you up in our prayers Bob!! Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord Bongo cause he loves you too!!

Puc

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to give you folks a little update. After taking the chemotherapy pills for a little over a week my Heomtologist called me and said stop taking them, I don't have the curable type of leukemia that she thought I had. I saw her this week and she said something about it being some type of chronic extra chromosome form of leukemia and the VA can't really do much about it, so they are referring me to an outside Onocologist and are referring me to a local nationally known cancer research institute, Roswell Park Institute.

I still have not met with the Pulmonary team about my lungs yet. That is happening in a couple of weeks.

I get very short of breath easily these days, but I am not letting it get me down. I am planning on staying alive for a long time yet and am looking forward to attending M&E's such as MD, the regional in Virginia, etc. I'm not quite ready to sell the trike yet and plan on riding for a few more years.

The only thing that is discouraging me is the VA health care system...

Many, many thanks for all the prayers and words of encouragement, I value it very highly!!!

Thanks for the update Bob. So sorry that it wasn't as simple as the originally thought but I can promise you that prayers have already been said and they will continue., I hope that you can relax a bit and enjoy the Christmas season. I know that the stress makes it more difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, here's an update on my health condition for all of my Venturerider friends. What I have is Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia. I know that's a mouthful if you are interested then Google it.

The VA has referred me to outside treatment for this and is picking up the tab! Treatment is a little beyond their expertise but yesterday I did receive an infusion of one unit of blood from them and it did help a little. I am so anemic that just walking a short distance made me winded and gasping for air. Now I can walk around OK but sometimes feel a little light headed.

Those that know me to know I am a very determined individual and keep a positive outlook. I am a fighter and will be to my last breath! I feel very positive that treatments will keep me around for a long time! There are people in this world that rely on me and it seems as there is still a lot to be done yet.

So, my friends, keep praying for me as that means a lot to me and I strongly believe in the power of prayer...

Bob you've been in my thoughts a lot in the last few days. I'm a firm believer that one's attitude and tenacity have a huge influence in health. Keep yourself surrounded with family and friends keep up the fighting attitude. I saw your post recently about being with the 101st, they're down in my neck of the woods. I stopped to eat beside the post last month.

Still praying.

Bob, I'm glad to hear that you did get referred to outside treatment and have now been to see them. I hope they are able to continue with the blood and other treatments that will give you your energy back to enjoy your days and walking about.

Prayers are still being offered up.