IGNORED

Hardwiring Bluetooth audio

AmnChode

I am hardwiring a Bluetooth adapter in the fairing and needing to tap for switched 12V power. I'm thinking the 12v outlet since it is there and switched. However, I need to know which wire is which.

I'm thinking the white w/black store is ground and the green is hot, but need confirmation... Could anyone assist?

I am hardwiring a Bluetooth adapter in the fairing and needing to tap for switched 12V power. I'm thinking the 12v outlet since it is there and switched. However, I need to know which wire is which.

I'm thinking the white w/black store is ground and the green is hot, but need confirmation... Could anyone assist?

If you want to tap in to that circuit without cutting any wires, I sell a breakout jumper harness that plugs in between the bike harness and the back of the aux outlet.

They go for $10.00 including shipping to the lower 48 states.

If you want to tap in to that circuit without cutting any wires, I sell a breakout jumper harness that plugs in between the bike harness and the back of the aux outlet.

They go for $10.00 including shipping to the lower 48 states.

Sold... How do we do this?

Well, I no longer have an RSV so didn't actually look. I remembered mine having a yellow wire but to be sure, I looked at the wiring diagram in the service manual before posting that and it too shows a yellow hot and a black ground. Actually, I think the yellow has a tracer color also but don't remember what it was. It was primarily yellow though. It should be easy enough to determine. Just look at the wire that is connected to the center post of the outlet.

I live in Round Rock, if you got time saturday late afternoon txt me and head this way I can help with what ever you need. I have wired all sorts of stuff on the bike and would be happy to help you.

John

QUOTE=AmnChode;1051920]I am hardwiring a Bluetooth adapter in the fairing and needing to tap for switched 12V power. I'm thinking the 12v outlet since it is there and switched. However, I need to know which wire is which.

I live in Round Rock, if you got time saturday late afternoon txt me and head this way I can help with what ever you need. I have wired all sorts of stuff on the bike and would be happy to help you.

John

Appreciate the offer, but I believe I got this, now....Picked up that harness from M61A1MECH, and I'll get it hooked up this weekend...

...now here's to hoping the damn thing works *crosses fingers*:think::cool10:

I used one from eBay for around $20 and wired in the same way you are. I stream pandora all the time on it, works great. I ended up running a new hot wire from the battery later to run more items I installed in the fairing and used the aux plug to fire a relay to power all the extras in there. Good luck.