IGNORED

New "to me" '06...

AmnChode

Picked me up a "new to me" '06 Sat... Rode it home from Fort Worth to San Antonio yesterday. Was a really good ride, even if the cruise quit working for me. I think the cancel button is stuck internally in the switch housing, as it worked on the way from the hotel to a Walmart, but then quit after I hit the cancel button afterwards.... Gives me the initial lights, but unresponsive after that (thoughts?)...

Now I just need to transfer my old stuff over from my '99... Clearview shield, ISO grips, 4-2-4's, 'my' highway pegs, H3 passing lights, etc... But that pillow top seat is staying.... So much more comfortable than my old one.

20181110_162828.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

But that pillow top seat is staying.... So much more comfortable than my old one.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114954

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I agree with you and Edbo. On my 4th RSV. 2002, 2006 and 2 2008's. Both '08's have/had the pillow seat. I have owned a lot of motorcycles in my 50 years of riding and nothing even comes close to the pillow. I even took the pillow seat off my RSV and "jerry rigged" it on my Road star to see how i liked the ride. It changed the whole feel of the bike. Usually after a couple of hours on the Road Star with the stock seat, I can only last a few hours before I am squirming. With the pillow seat, I could ride comfortably all day.

Now I just have to figure out how to get a pillow seat to fit and look right on the Road Star and my riding life will be complete.

My previous 08 RSV was similer in color to your 06. It was fast, but the metallic gray one I have now is definitely the fastest RSV I have owned.:D

Enjoy your new ride.

Very nice bike. First thing I would do is to make sure a brake switch is not activated, or the clutch switch. With your hand, see if it will engage if you put some outward pressure on the brake and clutch levers.

Worked like a champ... Cruise is working again. I'll have to take note of that when I swap my wide levers over. Thanks for the assist.....

Nice Bike. Another vote for Pillow tops. I put pillow top seats on my RSTD. When swapping levers over be sure to remove clean and grease all the pivot points on the lever, including the brass barrels, and on the perch side. Makes a world of difference. The lever pivots points are frequently neglected and get dried out and sticky. If you had to push lever out with your hand to disengage the brake or clutch switch, its time for lever pivot maintenance.

Picked me up a "new to me" '06 Sat... Rode it home from Fort Worth to San Antonio yesterday. Was a really good ride, even if the cruise quit working for me. I think the cancel button is stuck internally in the switch housing, as it worked on the way from the hotel to a Walmart, but then quit after I hit the cancel button afterwards.... Gives me the initial lights, but unresponsive after that (thoughts?)...

Now I just need to transfer my old stuff over from my '99... Clearview shield, ISO grips, 4-2-4's, 'my' highway pegs, H3 passing lights, etc... But that pillow top seat is staying.... So much more comfortable than my old one.

I know @Freebird has already mentioned it to you and you resolved the 'current' issue with cruise control. Just wanted to add this note. On my '99, the front brake lever, no matter how much I adjusted it, would not spring all the way back out at times. This would cause not only the cruise control to not activate, but also obviously cause my brake lights to be on. I got very used to pushing lever back out every time I used the brakes. So much that it became like muscle memory. I still catch myself doing the same on my '09.

• 1 month later...

So, as to your cruise control issue, well mine started doing that too, work then not. Strange, right? Over that year things got wired, like unexplained stalling... anyway check this thread. It solved my problem...

had a bad relay. It fell out of its holder and was leaning against the hot engine. Melted.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?126126-Dying-a-mysterious-death-then-OK-then-not!/page3

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?127222-Fried-relay-help-please

Edited by Mad Dog