IGNORED

FIRST GEN. MKII (86’ to 93’) HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH SPRING UPGRADE KIT!

skydoc_17

When you roll on the throttle of your First Gen. MKII (1986 to 1993) does the clutch slip? When you "briskly" go from first to second gear does your clutch slip? Do you ride 2 up often? Are you trying to pull a trailer and is your clutch slipping? Are you thinking about paying $300.00 plus the install for a Barnett Clutch, well think again! The stock Yamaha Clutch is a high quality part and will last up to 100,000 miles. The problem is not your clutch, it's the Clutch Basket Diaphragm Spring that has failed. So here's the fix! Install an aftermarket, thicker Clutch Diaphragm Spring, and Full Clutch Disc and never worry about that First Gen. MKII clutch again! The heavy duty clutch diaphragm spring puts 25% more clamping force on the clutch discs than the stock First Gen. MKII Clutch Spring. Here's my deal, you get a brand new .070 thick Heavy Duty Clutch Diaphragm Spring, (Name Brand) a new full size clutch disc to replace the half disc, and a brand new, Genuine Yamaha replacement Clutch Cover Gasket, everything you need to do this install for $115.00 including shipping in the USA!!! Out of the country buyers will pay actual shipping costs only! If you have some miles on your current set of Friction Discs, or they are 20 plus years old, I will throw in the remaining 7 Genuine Yamaha Friction Discs or the 7 Steel Clutch Plates for $105.00 a set each, making this upgrade basically, a brand new, better that stock clutch! I will include complete written instructions, and I have a picture file that can be downloaded!

What a deal!! This upgrade can be done in a few hours, doesn't require the removal of the Clutch Basket, can be done with a 10mm and 12mm wrench and an allen wrench, and a pair of needle nosed pliers and side cutters and you will not loose a drop of engine oil! I accept Paypal and Checks!

Thanks for viewing my ad.

Earl (skydoc_17)

CLUTCH UPGRADE KIT.jpg

CLUTCH SPRING THICKNESS.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Earl

I would like one of your heavy duty clutch spring kits. Seems my spring free height is out of spec and the clutch slips on my '93....kinda goes hand in hand. I live in Calgary, Canada so actual shipping costs apply to the purchase. Do you have any idea how much this would be?

Just a couple more quick queries:

Does the force needed to pull the clutch lever in increase with the stronger spring?

Can you provide some details on how you would like to handle the purchase?

That's it for now.

Thanks

Rob

(bobber)

• 7 months later...