IGNORED

Second Gen. Heavy Duty Clutch Spring & Full Disc Upgrade Kit!

skydoc_17

When you roll on the throttle of your Second Gen. RSV or RSTD does the

clutch slip? When you "briskly" go from first to second gear does your

clutch slip? Do you ride 2 up often? Are you trying to pull a trailer and is

your clutch slipping? Are you thinking about paying $300.00 plus the

install for a Barnett Clutch, well think again! The stock Yamaha clutch is

a high quality part and will last up to 100,000 miles. The problem is not

your clutch; It's the clutch basket diaphragm spring and that "wimpy"

half disc that has failed. So here's the fix! Install an aftermarket, thicker

clutch diaphragm spring, and full clutch disc and never worry about that

RSV or RSTD or RSTC clutch again! The heavy duty clutch diaphragm spring

puts 25% more clamping force on the clutch discs than the stock RSV

clutch spring. Here's my deal, you get a brand new .070” thick heavy duty

clutch diaphragm spring, (name brand) a new full clutch friction disc to

replace the half disc, and a brand new, genuine Yamaha replacement

clutch cover gasket, everything you need to do this install for $115.00

including shipping in the USA!!! I will include complete written

instructions, and i have a picture file that can be downloaded!

what a deal!! If you have some miles on your current set of friction discs,

check my other MEMBER VENDOR Classified Ads for the remaining 7 genuine Yamaha friction

discs or the seven steel clutch plates for $105.00 a set each, Making this upgrade basically, a brand new, better that

stock clutch! This upgrade can be done in less than 2 hours, doesn't

require the removal of the clutch basket, can be done with a 10mm

and 12mm wrench and an allen wrench, and a pair of needle nosed pliers

and side cutters and you will loose very little engine oil! Shipping in the

48 states is free, outside the us is at actual cost! I accept paypal and checks!

Thanks for viewing my ad.

Earl (skydoc_17)

CLUTCH UPGRADE KIT 2G.jpg

CLUTCH SPRING THICKNESS.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi Earl, are you still offering the clutch upgrade? My clutch slips a little in 5th gear when i hammer it. The whine has gotten worse as well so i hope this might scale it back a little. i have a 2006 RSTD.

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • skydoc_17 changed the title to Second Gen. Heavy Duty Clutch Spring & Full Disc Upgrade Kit!
  • 9 months later...

Hi skydoc_17 

I tried to message you directly and it won't let me/I can't figure it out🤷‍♂️. I'm very interested in your clutch kit. I just bought a 2007 and if I get on it really hard it will slip and with only 32,000 miles I figure your kit should work great!! 

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the Forum! I think because you are a Trial Member, it will not let you PM until you join the group, but that's just a guess. 

I actually offer four kits for the Second Gens. depending on how many miles you have on your current clutch, and the type of riding you do.

The first kit is the Heavy Duty Clutch Diaphragm Spring, one FULL Clutch Friction Disc to replace the 1/2 disc in the rear of the Clutch Pac, and a Genuine Yamaha Clutch Cover Gasket. This Kit sells for $115.00

The Second Kit I offer is the remaining 7 Clutch Friction Discs which when added to the first kit will result in a Clutch System that is 35% stronger than a new stock clutch! This kit is $105.00

The third kit I offer is the 7 Steel Clutch Plates. If you ride 2up fully loaded or pull a trailer, this third kit would restore your Clutch System to "Better than New" condition. This Kit is $105.00

In addition to the three kits, I also offer the 6 Pressure Plate Retaining Bolts. These bolts were intended to be a “One Time Use Only” item. So it’s up to you weather you change them out or not. This 4th kit is $20.00.

Just off the top of my head Dan, I'd say that kits #1 and #2 would bring you back to "Better Than New"! I would add the 4th kit if you aren't feeling lucky. The 4th kit is your call. My personal email address is skydoc17@gmail.com

Let me know if I can help you with this project Dan,

Earl.  (skydoc_17)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Doug,

It's nice to hear from you again! I have those kits in stock and can ship as soon as Payment is received! My PayPal email address is:  earlfharrell@atlanticbb.net  The total cost is $210. for the two kits, and $18. to ship. I can ship this as soon as Monday Morning! 

Let me know if I can help Doug,

Earl.

Howdy! I ordered kit 1 from you awhile back and I want to order the additional plates and steels (kit 2 &3)with bolts. How do I go about ordering and what’s the turn around time? 😉 (Ride coming up with wife and trailer👍)

Good deal Earl! I want your bolt kit also so give me a total and I will get it to you. Is there anything else you need?

Hey Doug,

Kits #2 and #3-  $210.

Bolt Kit-                $20.

Shipping-             $18.

Total: $248.00

A Shipping Address would help.  My PayPal email address is:  earlfharrell@atlanticbb.net 

Thanks Doug for letting me help you with this project!

Earl,

I have a question regarding the 2nd Gen clutch system. You all seem like learned men of science. I have done four clutch replacements, so far. I have installed that retaining wire four times, (If you have ever worked on one of these clutches you know the wire I am talking about.) What is the purpose of that retaining wire? That last plate isn't going anywhere. It is a royal star pain in the ass to get back in there but it has to have a purpose, right? I am tempted to leave it out but I have developed an allergy to stranding myself hundreds of miles from home.

7 minutes ago, Barnacle442 said:

I have a question regarding the 2nd Gen clutch system. You all seem like learned men of science. I have done four clutch replacements, so far. I have installed that retaining wire four times, (If you have ever worked on one of these clutches you know the wire I am talking about.) What is the purpose of that retaining wire? That last plate isn't going anywhere. It is a royal star pain in the ass to get back in there but it has to have a purpose, right? I am tempted to leave it out but I have developed an allergy to stranding myself hundreds of miles from home.

I did Skydoc’s full disc conversion and left the wire out about 50,000 miles ago. Hasn’t stranded me yet. 

Hey Skydoc! Finally got some time for clutch install. Thanks for help again. And Barnacle, if you read this I am sorry I didn’t respond earlier. Your questions are covered well in a Tech Post titled “Clutch Upgrade” under Second Gen, engine and drivetrain. Thanks to Freebird!