IGNORED

2019 Star Venture

I can't help but notice the change in the vents on the lower fairings. Back when we rode the SVTC at Sturgis I noticed that these vent systems were only functional for pass thru air on the very bottom couple of vents and the top sections of the vent slots were actually non-funtional. Being an air cooled bike I was somewhat shocked that Mom Yam didn't seek to allow as much air flow thru the vents and across the engine fins for cooling as possible. The Yamaha rep on site actually pointed out that there was a fair amount of devices hidden behind those non-functional vents and imbedded into the lower fairings (I have never owned a 2nd Gen Venture either but I believe Mom Yam did something similar with the lowers on that model too, making it difficult to remove the lowers??). I dont know if that all changed with the bikes that were actually released to the buying public in an effort to end up with more air movement available to the engine and rider but, in this video of the 2019, it appears that some changes in that area have taken place?

I can't help but notice the change in the vents on the lower fairings. Back when we rode the SVTC at Sturgis I noticed that these vent systems were only functional for pass thru air on the very bottom couple of vents and the top sections of the vent slots were actually non-funtional. Being an air cooled bike I was somewhat shocked that Mom Yam didn't seek to allow as much air flow thru the vents and across the engine fins for cooling as possible. The Yamaha rep on site actually pointed out that there was a fair amount of devices hidden behind those non-functional vents and imbedded into the lower fairings (I have never owned a 2nd Gen Venture either but I believe Mom Yam did something similar with the lowers on that model too, making it difficult to remove the lowers??). I dont know if that all changed with the bikes that were actually released to the buying public in an effort to end up with more air movement available to the engine and rider but, in this video of the 2019, it appears that some changes in that area have taken place?

The top of the vents do route air back into the front of the engine. There is a angled slot the length of the vent on the inside of the vent toward the engine. The removal of the lower cowling is VERY easy as Freebird can attest to. Only requires the removal of 5 bolts, all of which are easily accessible.

I also want to reiterate that the video showing a 2019 Venture is just an artists rendition and is not from Yamaha or anyone officially asscociated with Yamaha. It’s simply an artists conception, nothing more.

Edited by ChiefGunner