IGNORED

STR-4XY35-40-00 4XY-H54B0-V0-00 Passing lamp mount

Denise

So I purchased a set of passing lamps from ebay after I thought I had purchased the mount only to get an email saying the mount was discontinued 😕 so thought I would post on here for some help.

Try giving Pinwall cycles a call. They may have one in good shape but not listed on Ebay.

So I purchased a set of passing lamps from ebay after I thought I had purchased the mount only to get an email saying the mount was discontinued 😕 so thought I would post on here for some help.

Try here. I just ordered one10 minutes ago. Scroll down the page for the RSV ones.

https://www.shopworldofpowersports.com/yamaha-star-passing-lamp-mounts-detail.htm?productid=21119959

I called them and they didn't have any in stock the other day, a few sites let me go through the B.S. of ordering to send me an email the next day saying unavailable. That's how I ended up with passing lights and no mount. Let me know if you happen to get the mount. Thanks

Make sure you get one for the Venture and not Tour Deluxe (RSTD). They look similar but do not interchange

I have the TD mount on my Venture, the both mount the same.

The TD does not have the mounts for the "wing" air deflectors that I never had when I bought my bike used and you'll probably want to cut off the upper bracket that would mount to the TD headlight bucket.

I called them and they didn't have any in stock the other day, a few sites let me go through the B.S. of ordering to send me an email the next day saying unavailable. That's how I ended up with passing lights and no mount. Let me know if you happen to get the mount. Thanks

So far so good. I got an automated invoice from them this morning and haven't heard anything else so keeping my fingers crossed.

Just out of curiosity, which passing lights did you get? I haven't ordered those yet and any lead/link would be appreciated. Did you also order the hollow bolts to connect the passing lights to the turn signals?

You may want to try searching craigslist nationwide. One way to to do this is in Google is Search term,item, product followed by site:craigslist.org Keep in mind that the google search algorithm puts advertisers first followed by most frequently clicked (sort of) so you may have to look several pages in. A number of the accessories for the RSTD were discontinued even before the production stopped in 2009. Found a lot of things this way. Everyone I contacted was willing to ship. Search Tempest is another way to search craigslist nationwide. There may be others. Also vary your search terms, be general, search Royal Star Parts, etc. Also search using google, you may find one for sale on another motorcycle forum. Delphi Forums for Yamaha often have parts for sale (or at least they did). Again you may need to go several pages in.

Greetings.

This shop´s website says that they have a limited number in stock. Maybe worth the try and contact them on forehand and see if this is still available.

World of Powersports - Decatur

2635 N 22nd St

Decatur, IL 62526

Phone Number:

(217) 423-6521

Here is the listing on their website:

https://www.shopworldofpowersports.com/yamaha-star-passing-lamp-mounts-detail.htm?productid=21119959

SO SORRY - DID NOT SEE THE ABOVE POST ABOUT THIS SAME VENDOR ! I WILL KEEP LOOKING !!!

Edited by StarFan

I got lucky and scored the whole passing light setup, passings lights, turnsignals and bar from John Furbur from RMSportMax off facebook. Got it at a great price too! I will hopefully get it this week. Not that it matters all that much if I do get it soon since mother nature is bearing down with the cold, so very little, if any riding left this year anyway.