IGNORED

Shipping a Vehicle Pacific NW to NC, any advice/ recommendations?

Kretz

Any recommendations for shipping a car cross country?

My nephew wants to drive from Raleigh, NC to Seattle, Wa in the Spring BUT he wants to fly back & have his car shipped from the Seattle area back to NC.

We've heard a few horror stories so are looking for reliable, preferably personal recommendations.

Anybody used a good vehicle shipper? Any advice to offer.

Thanks in advance!

Any recommendations for shipping a car cross country?

My nephew wants to drive from Raleigh, NC to Seattle, Wa in the Spring BUT he wants to fly back & have his car shipped from the Seattle area back to NC.

We've heard a few horror stories so are looking for reliable, preferably personal recommendations.

Anybody used a good vehicle shipper? Any advice to offer.

Thanks in advance!

I'd check into a rental car unless there's a reason to drive his. I bet it would be cheaper than shipping and their car gets the wear and tear on it. You also get the benefit of just getting another car if it breaks down, no waiting for repair or $$$ to fix it.

War story warning! Back in the 80's when the Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant was being constructed, a contract engineer who worked there and had lots of other contract engineers placed there working through him wanted his leased Ferrari driven back to CA to turn it in ran an ad in the paper for a driver to drive the Ferrari from NC to CA at their expense. Of course he got lots of responses and he selected a guy who drove up on a Porsche. It was driven back to CA and turned in without incident.

• 1 year later...

The horror stories are definitely out there and some of them are pretty bad. Take a look at A1 Auto Transport - I used them twice last year for cross country shipping (different areas than you, but they ship all over). I poked around online looking to find one that was affordable and almost all of the cheaper options had tons of bad reviews, customer complaints, etc. In the end, I was glad I put in the time and I'd definitely use them again if I needed to.

Edit: Nm I didn't catch the date on this

Edited by Untipper
Date