IGNORED

The Oficial "I Dropped My Bike At Vogel" Thread

86er

Ok OK OK i dont know if this is consideed a drop but..... In PA over the Labor day weekend. We were in a tight parking spot. My Wife asked me "do you want me to wait till you get pulled out (no jokes here). I said (being the 6'1 220 lb tough guy that I am) No you can get on. So i started out and hard to make a slow speed hard left turn. When i turned the wheel left ...there she started leaning and falling. It took everthing i had but all I could do was let it slowly lean over until it rested on the crash bar. No boby got hurt and luckly some guy came over and gave us a hand lifting it back up. No damage except to my pride. Man this is one top heavy mother. esp. with 2 up.

Yes I think that is a drop.:thumbsup2:

• 7 months later...

Well my brand new 2007 RSV midnight blue with my wife and trailer went to vogal last year and I got off the bike to pay at the guard house,then that old thing called gravity took over and bike went forword and over. Wife tried to catch it(dumb but natural to try):no-no-no: and the arm rest made a bad bruise and cut on her leg. Then she tried to set it back up! :no-no-no:I just ask her to back up and I backed up to the bike and up she went! :cool10:No damage but hate it momma got bummed up. Hind site-turn motor off and put in gear on a down grade

Here is the pic of us that very same day........Ken

Guest bsreg

I have found if when you first purchase a bike... find a soft area and stand up and lay the thing down gently. When you pick it back up it breaks all jinxs that would cause you to ever drop it in the future. Controled drop over accidental drop... YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

• 10 months later...

Even our leader dropped his bike at Vogal. I believe it was Vogal I and as we were riding back from Helen, we pulled over at an overlook and some riders that were in front of us did a u-turn. When one of them came back to the overlook and was making a loop, he was going too slow and the bike started to come over. Freebird jumps off his bike and tries to help the other guy and had not put his bike in gear. Yep, the down hill slope got him.

RandyA

Shhhhhhhh....................you COULD forget about such things. :)

It was that dang E-Fishin that causes it. He got leaned over too far and was about to drop his bike. I put my sidestand down and ran to help him save that Antique and then mine rolled off the stand. Go figure.:confused24:

If you drop it this year or any time, I think you better give up riding on anything less than 4 wheels...........:stickpoke:

Well I hope to make Vogal again this year and should have the dropping problem solved pretty good. :cool10:

Let's hope that the gremlins had enough fun with us in the past and leave everyone alone this year. :thumbsup2:

Larry

• 5 months later...

I can relate to all the above. Came up to a stop sign, put my foot down when I came to a stop. My foot went into a dip in the pavement and over I went. My cousin, bless her heart, said that was enough (third time that this has happen to me) and helped me to make my bike look like this. Now no more tip overs.

Ken