IGNORED

Flanders Handlebars

Looking to put new bars on my "new to me" 2008 RSV and trying to find some info on these bars. I basically like the stock setup except I would like them to extend approx 1 1/2 to 2 inches back towards me.

On my previous 2008 SV, I used 1 1/2" risers with the stock bars that made the ride very comfortable, but they came into contact with the ignition cover when fully turned right or left. I had to do some serious mods to fix that problem and I don't want to mod again if I don't have to.

I would like bars that fit close to riser setup if possible and don' know if the Flanders bars would be what I am looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

I put the Flanders bars on the wife's 08 RSV bike. No risers. I ordered new braides stainless clutch, throttle and brake lines 2" longer than stock, from Buckeye performance. You could just use RSTD stock cables and lines if you wanted.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bought a set of 1 1/2" risers before before anyone replied. After digging into some old threads, i discovered what you guys posted about longer cables and hydraulic clutch and brake lines, so I decided to avoid that with the risers. All the existing cables etc. work just fine with the risers with a little re-routing and it was very comfortable for me on the last RSV. I am just kind of surprised that the extra 1/2" that the Flanders or Tour Deluxe bars give you requires the cables and hoses to be too short.