IGNORED

Rox Pivoting Risers

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-pivoting-risers-for-1-handlebars

I bought a set of these for my 2015 FJ-09 and I really love them. I was able to put the bars right in the perfect spot. I notice with my 07 RSV, my position is almost in the exact same spot as my FJ-09 was before I put on the risers. I am thinking of getting a set and putting them on the RSV as well just so I can move the bars back a little. Only thing I am kind of iffy on is the cables and clearances. I dropped the front end an inch so in my mind I am thinking I should be fine but I have not really dug into the bike enough to know for sure. Do I have much leeway with the cables or will I end up running into binding and stretching issues? Has anybody else used these on the RSV's?

Wish I could answer your questions. I never used them on the RSV, changed the handlebars instead. I recently put them on my new 2018 Star Venture though and love them. They give you a pretty good range of adjustment and much easier than changing the bars. I have no regrets at all.

Wish I could answer your questions. I never used them on the RSV, changed the handlebars instead. I recently put them on my new 2018 Star Venture though and love them. They give you a pretty good range of adjustment and much easier than changing the bars. I have no regrets at all.

Hey Don, you sound “tall” like me. At times I wish I had a little more backward adjustment to the handlebars. Especially when having your feet up on the highway pegs and wanting to “kick back”.

Would you mind posting a pic of your risers AND a pic from the side showing how much gas tank cover clearance you have?

it would be a pain to change The handlebars, but hat would also keep your gas tank cover clear. WHY they made that thing to open BACKWARDS is beyond me!

i appreciate your response Don.

I'm about 6'2" tall, maybe a bit more. I have long legs and long arms. I buy tall shirts with arm lengths 36-37". When I get on the road, I am typically leaned way back against the backrest with my feet out on the highway pegs. With stock handlebars, and it was also true on my RSV as well as the '13 HD Road Glide Ultra that I had for a couple of years, I get severe pain in my shoulders. Mostly the back of my left shoulder. With more pullback, that is almost completely alleviated and I can do an iron butt with very little problem.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully, they will help a bit. It took me literally 10 to 15 minutes to install them and get them adjusted as I wanted them. They actually provide more pullback than the Flanders bars that I had on the '99 RSV or the RSTD bars that I had on the '05 RSV and certainly more than the bars that I installed on the Ultra Classic. These risers are about as perfect as they can be for me.

A couple of the pictures who the gas compartment fully opened with the handlebars at full lock. I suppose if you rotated them down further, it could cause an issue but I set these where I liked them before even reading about the issues with the gas compartment door interfering. Then I went to check and found that mine doesn't hit at all. I have gassed up a couple of times since installing them and there is no problem at all.

IMG_1216.jpg IMG_1217.jpg IMG_1218.jpg IMG_1219.jpg IMG_1220.jpg IMG_1221.jpg IMG_1222.jpg

Yea I love having the freedom to move the handlebars more. I'm looking at things a little closer and I don't know if I will have the clearance between the risers and shroud around the ignition but I am just not sure. Its one of those things that you don't really know until you actually try doing it. That's the biggest reason I am asking. I would hate to spend $75-$80 for something that I find out that doesn't work when I try installing them. I hate when that happens.

I'm about 6'2" tall, maybe a bit more. I have long legs and long arms. I buy tall shirts with arm lengths 36-37". When I get on the road, I am typically leaned way back against the backrest with my feet out on the highway pegs. With stock handlebars, and it was also true on my RSV as well as the '13 HD Road Glide Ultra that I had for a couple of years, I get severe pain in my shoulders. Mostly the back of my left shoulder. With more pullback, that is almost completely alleviated and I can do an iron butt with very little problem.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully, they will help a bit. It took me literally 10 to 15 minutes to install them and get them adjusted as I wanted them. They actually provide more pullback than the Flanders bars that I had on the '99 RSV or the RSTD bars that I had on the '05 RSV and certainly more than the bars that I installed on the Ultra Classic. These risers are about as perfect as they can be for me.

A couple of the pictures who the gas compartment fully opened with the handlebars at full lock. I suppose if you rotated them down further, it could cause an issue but I set these where I liked them before even reading about the issues with the gas compartment door interfering. Then I went to check and found that mine doesn't hit at all. I have gassed up a couple of times since installing them and there is no problem at all.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114607 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114608 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114609 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114610 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114611 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114612 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114613

Thanks Don. It doesn’t look like you have them back very far at all.

I will try to get a good measurement later. I'm guessing about an inch. I can tell you that it makes a HUGE difference whatever it is. I have room to move them more should I need to but really don't think I need to.

I should add that they are probably an 1 1/2" higher also. That along with the pullback makes a big difference. I no longer feel that I am reaching at all.

Edited by Freebird

Yea I love having the freedom to move the handlebars more. I'm looking at things a little closer and I don't know if I will have the clearance between the risers and shroud around the ignition but I am just not sure. Its one of those things that you don't really know until you actually try doing it. That's the biggest reason I am asking. I would hate to spend $75-$80 for something that I find out that doesn't work when I try installing them. I hate when that happens.

There is another riser that RSV owners here have used. I don't remember the brand but I think they were sold by Baron's. If you can find them and compare, then that might give you an idea.

Hmm looked up the barons risers. They look like they would be pretty easy to install. I wonder how those that installed like them? I dont really need to actually "rise" the bars more than I need to bring them back. If I just sit naturally and rest my arm on the bars the grips hit me right in the middle of my fingers. I have to lean forward a little bit to get a good grip. If the bars were just a few inches back I can just relax, lean back and enjoy the ride. I had the same exact problem with my FJ09.

I will try to get a good measurement later. I'm guessing about an inch. I can tell you that it makes a HUGE difference whatever it is. I have room to move them more should I need to but really don't think I need to.

I should add that they are probably an 1 1/2" higher also. That along with the pullback makes a big difference. I no longer feel that I am reaching at all.

I understand the “reaching” feeling. Currently if I want to lean back to relax, I have to hold the ends of the bars. Can’t say I like that. I’d ask how it feels in steering handling compared to stock but I don’t think you really put a lot of miles on in twisty’s to get a solid feel. I’m sure there’s some difference because it changes the pivot point.

Maybe you could share your thoughts on this?