IGNORED

CB radio pinout

mantree91

I'm on the road so can't help at this point.

Search older posts. Try keywords like "add mp3". You are looking for the guys in Spain who made the adapter. Maybe an email to them asking the pinout so you can remove tape deck and add your mp3. You will need to know which pin to jumper so the radio thinks the cassette is still there, and then the left/right/ground pins for audio.

If you dont find this info in a week, pm me. I have the adapter and can try to reverse engineer it.... It was a small box that plugged in between the cassette and the radio with a mini jack input. When mp3player was plugged in and turned on, the casssette wasbypassedand audio came out of my 1st gens system.

I'm on the road so can't help at this point.

Search older posts. Try keywords like "add mp3". You are looking for the guys in Spain who made the adapter. Maybe an email to them asking the pinout so you can remove tape deck and add your mp3. You will need to know which pin to jumper so the radio thinks the cassette is still there, and then the left/right/ground pins for audio.

If you dont find this info in a week, pm me. I have the adapter and can try to reverse engineer it.... It was a small box that plugged in between the cassette and the radio with a mini jack input. When mp3player was plugged in and turned on, the casssette wasbypassedand audio came out of my 1st gens system.

This pinout is from the sight here and I will figureout the power pins that feed the tape deck to feed the power dock. I will post any progress I make. As for the other end I will pull it apart and scope it out.

http://venturers.org/Tech_Library/attachments/vr_iway12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fantastic!

Looking forward to your success.

I think going that way rather than the cb will be better.

I am wanting to hook up a 2nd 2 way radio there actually. I have a little dual band hand set and was going to link my phone to the radio for navigation. And the occasional phone call. This is where I got the idea for the ipod dock

https://www.instructables.com/id/iPod-Information-Screen-Rev-2/

Ok. If I follow you, adding a second 2way radio to the cb circuit.

The only thing I know about that is make sure you isolate the two transmitters. I understand that done wrong can blow out the output transistors on one of the transmitters.

Sounds quite interesting...I saved the link, BTW, as my daughter still wants me to help her do more with her music and her ipods! So thanks for that!

Ok. If I follow you, adding a second 2way radio to the cb circuit.

The only thing I know about that is make sure you isolate the two transmitters. I understand that done wrong can blow out the output transistors on one of the transmitters.

Sounds quite interesting...I saved the link, BTW, as my daughter still wants me to help her do more with her music and her ipods! So thanks for that!

The transmitters will be isolated only sharing the headset. The dual band will have the antanna mounted on the fairing and I will also be separating the cb and FM antenna. I have ordered parts already and will be 3d printing the screen housing and possibly the now remote.

CB radio in the Continental US sucks!!

Get a HAM license, and no not a no-code ticket, and enjoy all the HAM bands have to offer!!

I will probably end up that way eventually but I was going to start with my tech license.

I disagree that CB sucks in the USA. It comes down to what you use it for. If your main goal is communication with other riders, it's the best way to go. You simply find a channel that is not being heavily used and it's great for that purpose. More bikes have CB than they do Ham so your odds of somebody else in the group having a way to communicate with you is much higher. If you are looking for long distance communications, then Ham is far and beyond the better choice. That is not what I'm looking for on a bike though.

The transmitters will be isolated only sharing the headset. The dual band will have the antanna mounted on the fairing and I will also be separating the cb and FM antenna. I have ordered parts already and will be 3d printing the screen housing and possibly the now remote.

Sounds good!

I'm curious how this comes out. Looks like you thought it through nicely.

3D printing....ah...when you are done with this project and ready for another....all of us who own 1st gens could use some of those little black vanes to replace the broken ones on each side of the motor....hint!

Edited by videoarizona
add

Well I have to farm out the printing but I might consider buying a 3d printer if I can come up with a product worth producing. If I were to do sidecovers I think I would build them to accept a heater vent from a car to make replacement easier.

I disagree that CB sucks in the USA. It comes down to what you use it for. If your main goal is communication with other riders, it's the best way to go. You simply find a channel that is not being heavily used and it's great for that purpose. More bikes have CB than they do Ham so your odds of somebody else in the group having a way to communicate with you is much higher. If you are looking for long distance communications, then Ham is far and beyond the better choice. That is not what I'm looking for on a bike though.

Yea, go ahead and find a channel that is clear. When the truckers "who own the band" find you they will turn on their 1KW linear amps and purposely step on your communications; been there and seen that many times. FRS for $30 is the way to go. Radio is my life, I know it well, so I'm not speaking out my booty on this believe me!!

You want to experience professional CB at it's finest, go to Alaska. They know radio and how it should work.

Yea, go ahead and find a channel that is clear. When the truckers "who own the band" find you they will turn on their 1KW linear amps and purposely step on your communications; been there and seen that many times. FRS for $30 is the way to go. Radio is my life, I know it well, so I'm not speaking out my booty on this believe me!!

You want to experience professional CB at it's finest, go to Alaska. They know radio and how it should work.

I haven't had any issues with truckers and I use my CB quite a bit. Always use it for communicating with my road guards when I am leading a charity ride (which is average of twice a month). And use it often when traveling. Most of the time I am on a channel like 3 or 4, and sometimes 33 or so. Truckers are on 19. I will get bleed over every once in a while, maybe once a year.

I have communicated with truckers before as the old fat guy on a purple motorcycle, and get along with them fairly well.

If my RSV had FRS, I would use it for sure. But it is equipped with a CB and I am okay with that.

I'm not doubting anybody's expertise with radios. I'm certainly not saying that CB is as good as HAM or FRS. I'm simply saying that CB is still the best choice for those who want to communicate with other motorcycles due simply to the fact that more bikers are using CB than anything else. In every group ride I've ever been on, the vast majority of riders that have any kind of bike to bike communication had CB. It does no good to have HAM or FRS if the people you are riding with do not. Most touring bikes that come with bike to bike communication, come with CB. That's just a fact. For better or worse, it's still the standard for bike to bike communication. As for finding a clear channel, we have not had a problem on the rides where we have used it and I've participated on group rides all over the country.

I'm not doubting anybody's expertise with radios. I'm certainly not saying that CB is as good as HAM or FRS. I'm simply saying that CB is still the best choice for those who want to communicate with other motorcycles due simply to the fact that more bikers are using CB than anything else. In every group ride I've ever been on, the vast majority of riders that have any kind of bike to bike communication had CB. It does no good to have HAM or FRS if the people you are riding with do not. Most touring bikes that come with bike to bike communication, come with CB. That's just a fact. For better or worse, it's still the standard for bike to bike communication. As for finding a clear channel, we have not had a problem on the rides where we have used it and I've participated on group rides all over the country.

:sign yeah that: I have been using CB since the the early seventy's and am in the trucking industry. I agree with Don. Although you do get walked on occasionally I find it rarely happens. Linears are not as common as they once were and cell phones with headsets are more common so CB traffic among truckers has actually gone down over the years. Most Bikers using CB tend to stay on 29 and since many truckers themselves are bikers they tend to respect that just as they hope everyone else respects 19, as the truckers channel.

Edited by saddlebum

:sign yeah that: I have been using CB since the the early seventy's and am in the trucking industry. I agree with Don. Although you do get walked on occasionally I find it rarely happens. Linears are not as common as they once were and cell phones with headsets are more common so CB traffic among truckers has actually gone down over the years. Most Bikers using CB tend to stay on 29 and since many truckers themselves are bikers they tend to respect that just as they hope everyone else respects 19, as the truckers channel.

I happen to like these posts, not that there is anything wrong with the others, it's just that these 2 said what I might of said if I had thought of it first.

I have actually had a CB in just about every vehicle since high school. I tend to run on 22 (my local offloading club channel). I have ordered parts parts for the ipod dock and then will start probing the CB and come up with a pin out and working circuit diagram.

Edited by mantree91

I can tell that sadlebum knows CB just buy his term "walked on"!!

I agree, there are four of us that ride together and the cb works great for that. My son doesn’t have a cb, so we use gmrs they work even better.

• 10 months later...

As an over the road trucker, I can tell you that there is very little activity on CB. I can go days without having the squelch break, and when it does, it's usually a couple of bull haulers running convoy, or shops advertising (generally truck washes and chrome shops, but Nevada is interesting...).

I do plan on putting an HF rig on my bike. I'm not sure what I'll use for an antenna; I may dust off my old Outbacker.

73 es CUL deN3EOP/5