IGNORED

New Trailer

Woody

I really like those trailers. I think the original of that style were made somewhere down in Oklahoma. Can't remember what it was called but I think the work Donkey was part of it. They were NOT an inexpensive trailer. In my opinion, it would probably bring anywhere from $1500.00 - $2250.00. I'm really just guessing though.

Tell him you'll give him 200 bucks and an autographed Three Doors Down poster. :)

Now that would be a good deal. :mo money:

I found some of those trailers on line but not as nice as what he's got, I went and looked at it yesterday and it is real nice he was pulling it with a 2001 Goldwing and it done good. I could use that when running tail gunner to put all the extra parts in :rotfl:

That one looks like it's been modified by someone.

Can't recall who manufactured them but there were a couple models specificly designed to pull behind a motorcycle or small car.

They are called Big Donk and Little Donk

I bought one a few years back that had been flipped in a bike accident and rebuilt it.

Trailer1.jpg Trailer2.jpg Trailer3.jpg

S6302491.JPG

S6303026.JPG

I was right about them being based in Oklahoma but apparently wrong about them being out of business. They are also a bit cheaper than what I thought. I like them.

http://motorcycletrailer.com/lee/

yep that's the web site I found and showed it to the owner of the trailer, I think he thought I was trying to pull one on him when I showed him the price. but I have to admit his is nicer than any I have found on the internet like that.

Well, you don't say what he wants for it nor the year model. The pictures indicate it to look like "new" condition and that is more important to me than the actual year model. Hard to tell exactly what options it has but from the website, it looks to be around $2200.00 new with the obvious options. That would be for a black or white model. They don't say what the upcharge is for other colors. There would probably be shipping on top of that also.

A custom color could add to it by a fair bit but if it is not the color that you need, the red is actually a deduction. For example, if you need a black one and have to get it painted, that is a few hundred dollars more that you will have to spend. Also the condition of the tires. If they are worn then you have to figure that in.

In my opinion, the used price on that trailer if it actually is in NEW condition and doesn't need tires and the red paint matches your bike, then I would be willing to pay as much as $1500.00 to $1750.00 for it.

If it is in that condition but you are going to have to get it painted, then you may as well buy a new one. If you paid $1750.00 for it and then had to get it painted, you would likely have the price of a new one invested at that point.

From what you are indicating, I'm assuming he is higher than that on it. Bottom line. If I were in the market and it was the correct color, I would pay the 1500 to 1750. If I were going to have to get it painted, then it wouldn't be worth more than about $1250 to me. That might change if I felt I could put my own quality paint job on it but I'm not a good painter and that trailer deserves a quality paint job.

Thanks Freebird, we are thinking along the same lines as far as cost. this one is the right color or close enough I have not put my bike and the trailer side by side. it is taller than the one on the web and the back door opens, the tires are almost new he replaced them with some good ones. I have no doubt that it cost more than the one we are comparing it to when bought new and it is in like new condition but I don't know the age of it. he came way down on the price but he is still at 2000. I was not really looking for one but I would give him 1500 for it. maybe he will sell it and save me some money or he may call me with a lower price.