IGNORED

Ignitech Experiences?

I'm considering going to the Ignitech TCI sooner rather than later. I'm not having any ignition issues but am anticipating the eventual need to go COP when my coils start to give out, again.

Is there anything I need to know about the Ignitech? Any issues out of the box? Ignitech stated the unit would be pre programmed for the '83 MK1 and would be "Plug and play" with my existing "boost" sensor, or I could get their vacuum advance sensor when I order the unit. Any thoughts on which is the better set up?

Also, does the unit require a proprietary USB cable for programming or is it a standard cable? The USB cable they quoted is the only price point I find a bit high. $12 US? for a USB cable?

I assume the "Connector adapter" is necessary?

Thanks for any help.

You need the cable adapter. The one I bought had the old style standard USB receptacle (not a mini or micro) but those are common enough. I had to update the software to a new version for my 89 VR. But that was a couple of years ago. I sold the bike before installing it so I can't report on that. I sold the module to someone on this site. I still have the software in an archive somewhere if needed.